Weird lag and refusing sim

by jellobanan

Original Post

Weird lag and refusing sim

★ Novice

Hello. 
I've had the Sims 3 basic game for a long time, and recently i bought the World Adventures expansion pack. When I started playing it everything was fine. After two days (i real time) the game started to kind off freeze whenever my sim was in China. It's only the clock and the sims that freeze, the nature around, cars etc, don't freeze. There will go around 5-25 in game minutes between the freezes, and they will go on for around 10-20 real life seconds. I thought this was frustrating, so I tried to let my sim travel more to France and Egypt instead. No problems there. Until today, where, when in Egypt, I can't get my sim to go anywhere. Even if I just want to make her take one step or I want her to go to the market, etc, she refuses to move (And makes that speech-bubble that shows that it's impossible for her to go where I want her to go (it's not)). Her mood is perfect, there's nothing she could complain about, but this simply makes it impossible to enjoy, and even play the game. 

I hope somebody can help me, it's very frustrating. 

Amanda.

Message 1 of 11 (265 Views)

Re: Weird lag and refusing sim

★ Novice

It has to be said, I bought the game online from the official website, so I just downloaded it instead of bying the disc and all. 

Amanda.

Message 2 of 11 (264 Views)

Hero

China has some bad routing issue and Egypt is a bit better but not a whole lot.

Try resetting all your Sims in your town with the cheat resetsim *.

You might have a stuck Sim somewhere

Here's some more tips: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (260 Views)

★ Novice

I'm only playing with one sim, and it acts like it's stuck, but it's not. 
And with the reset, won't all data be deleted?

Message 4 of 11 (258 Views)

Hero (Retired)

no data will be lost as your  sim will go to the base camp all other sims will go home or to the base camp if they are tourists/explorers

Message 5 of 11 (253 Views)

★ Novice

Hi again, the resetsim does not do anything, so I can't find any way to play my game.

Message 6 of 11 (243 Views)

Hero

did you put a * after the resetsim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (238 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, when I did that, it just said that it couldn't recognize the cheat, or something like that

Message 8 of 11 (233 Views)

Hero

Then you mis-typed.

resetsim *

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Then you mis-typed.

resetsim *

I have used resetsim often but never used the * or even knew I could. What is the difference of using it with or with out?

Message 10 of 11 (219 Views)