Visual C++ Runtime Error with Sims 3 Launcher

by carisstr

Original Post

Visual C++ Runtime Error with Sims 3 Launcher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I realise this has been asked before however I have tried SO MANY suggested solutions and nothing works Frown 

OKAY....

I went to install The Sims 4 Movie Stuff via the Origin Launcher, Origin then notified me that I needed to update my game via the Sims 3 Launcher.

I opened the Launcher and was greeted with errors stating "Could not connect to Origin"

ANYWAYS after much googling I managed to manually update my Sims 3 Base game and install the Movie Stuff pack.

NOW, when I try to open the launcher I STILL get the "Cannot connect to Origin" message AND I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. The error says the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Program File (...

R6025

- pure virtual function call

I have tried to expand this window so I can see exactly what Program File it is talking about but unfortunately it doesnt allow me to, so this is all the information I get.

I have installed an up-to-date C++ file, I have made sure my Origin account is connect to my Sims account (?), My game is up to date and so is my Origin launcher, I have been through the files and checked for 'old email' address files etc and its all clear....

PLEASE HELP

I have been trying to fix this for 2 days. 

Message 1 of 4 (6,315 Views)

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Error with Sims 3 Launcher

Hero (Retired)

@carisstr hi there

This thread ( http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836653/sims-3-launcher-keeps-crashing-runtime-error ) suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Runtime. Can you let me know if it works? 

Message 2 of 4 (6,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I tried this previously and had a few problems as I use google Chrome which I believe no longer support Runtime (?)

EDIT: Sorry, I was getting confused with Java!! I'll try the suggested runtime update. Thanks.

Anyways I restarted my computer and the Launcher now seems work, however my game crashes after playing for about 10 minutes.

No idea how to fix, will try playing in lower resolution to see if this helps....

Message 3 of 4 (6,285 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@carisstr well that's progress! Perhaps lower your graphic settings? 

Message 4 of 4 (6,278 Views)