Re: Videocard wasnt recognised, but now still does not work.

by roberta591

Original Post

Videocard wasnt recognised, but now still does not work.

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

So, the first problem I had was that my GPU wasnt recognised by the game on default (GTX 960).

I was able to fix this problem by following a turtorial, 

https://gyazo.com/fdb94b362e39bd69911524fe611694d9

Now my game has found an matched my videocard, but still the preformance hasnt changed.

My game stills laggs like crazy, 

please if somebody has a fix help me! 

Thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 6 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Groenendaaltje  You really need to post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  While the first place to look for lagging issues is the video system but that may not be the only reason. Are you running any programs in the background? My gaming computer is a AMD FX 6100 with GTX 960 video card and runs the game with no issues. This system is old and now that Ryzen processors are out I may be building a new game system soon. Lagging can be caused by many issues and to trouble shoot you need to have ALL the information and start at the beginning.

Message 2 of 6 (355 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your response!

I think this is the part, that you need for your help, I think?

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_140110DE&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 6088 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2016 MB
Shared Memory: 4072 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP L2208w
Monitor Id: HWP26FA
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a2b0acab06663645\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a2b0acab06663645\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a2b0acab06663645\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a2b0acab06663645\nvldumdx.dll
Driver File Version: 22.21.0013.8205 (English)
Driver Version: 22.21.13.8205

sorry for the late response!

Message 3 of 6 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Groenendaal617  Really need the whole dxdiag as there are many things that affect this. The GTX 960 is not in the game database and needs to be added. Here is a link for instructions I used to add a graphics chip to the .sgr files - link - Sims 3 how to add graphics chip to game

lagging can be caused by many things - really need the whole dxdiag.

Message 4 of 6 (324 Views)

★ Novice

hi,

again thanks for your response, 

When I was reading this post again I found that our pc's have the same videocard. I hope that you can help me, by sharing your graphicscards.sgr and graphicsrules.sgr file. 

At this point I have tried everything, my game doesnt even launch anymore. (My Dxdiag is broken btw)

again sorry for the extreemly late response, this was due to the fact that I dont use the email that is linked to this origin account.

please, consider sending the code from your graphicscards.sgr and graphicsrules.sgr, I do understand if you dont want to spent your time fixing my problem.

I hope to hear from you, 

Message 5 of 6 (265 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Groenendaal617 First thing I recommend is fixing dxdiag. If this isn't working there may be other issues as many programs (games) use the dxdiag to set the capabilities of your computer. This could be your problem. This is the way I edited the required files and it worked for me. I STRONGLY advise making copies fo the files BEFORE you edit. It's not that I don't want to post the edit - it's just that things like the unit ID or other data may have changed (or yours may not be exactly like mine) since I did mine and it may not work for you. The edit has to be exact or the whole file may not work.

Message 6 of 6 (257 Views)