Re: Update keeps pausing

by justsusa

Original Post

Update keeps pausing

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so I installed TS3 base game on my laptop(Fujitsu Lifebook A Series 6GB). The game itself works just wonderfully, no lagging or anything like that, but when I try to install the update patch 1.67 it says Connecting and the Paused. And nothing else happens.

Before I  installed Origin it said "an unexpected error has occurred. please try again in a few moments. error 403". The download bar didn't even pop up.

Now, after installing Origin it takes me to the downloand screen, but stops. The most I have manage to download is 512kt and then it stops completely. I have been trying to solve this over an hour and I'm getting really frustrated. I have tried finding the resolution all over the internet, but nothing that would actually help me.

Message 1 of 4 (639 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already tried that. It looks like it would download it, but then I get a pop up that says the file is incorrect or something like that. I also can't connect the launcher to internet. I don't know if this is the problem. On my other laptop everything work just fine. It's just slower which is why I want to move the game to this laptop.

Message 3 of 4 (625 Views)

Hero

Did you use the super patch instead of the incremental one ? The one that's 1.6 GB in size ?

Try the tips here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (615 Views)