Uninstalled Sims 3 and now it won't reinstall HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by maeghan2606

Original Post

Uninstalled Sims 3 and now it won't reinstall HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

★★ Novice

I unstalled sims 3 because I thought I was going to swap laptops with my brother but then we didn't. I have tried to reinstall it but now it won't work. I insert the Sims 3 disc into my laptop and go to computer, and run the disc. When I do this, it says 'Do you want to completely remove the features etc' yes/no? I clicked yes as if you click no it does not let you progess. Then it says 'Do you want to delete all the data etc' yes/no? I clicked yes as again it doesnt let you progess any further. Once I do this, the sims 3 menu comes up and says uninstalling sims 3, then it shows how long it will take to uninstall. Finally it says finish. If I try to run Sims 3 again, the exact same thing happens. Please help me as I love Sims 3!!!

Message 1 of 24 (7,928 Views)

Re: Uninstalled Sims 3 and now it won't reinstall HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Make sure everything Sim related is gone from your Computer, then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (7,886 Views)

★★ Novice

I have did this but it still says the exact thing I have explained in my original question.

Message 3 of 24 (7,877 Views)

Hero

Do you run the disk with autorun ?

If so, try right-clicking on the drive icon in my computer and then choose open.

Find a file called setup.exe and double click on it to see if that makes a difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (7,873 Views)

★★ Novice

it only says setup.inx or setup.isn which one? ps thanks very much for the help!

Message 5 of 24 (7,869 Views)

Hero

Just check on mine and for Seasons the file seems to be called sims3ep08setup.exe so try if you have a file sims3setup.exe or anything with setup. It needs to be a .exe file (you might not see that though if you have extensions hidden on your computer)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (7,862 Views)

★★ Novice

i dont have any extensions! i have a file called sims3launcher.exe will that work?

Message 7 of 24 (7,858 Views)

★★ Novice

forget that it wont work...i dont have any exe files Frown

Message 8 of 24 (7,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

are you checking on the DVD or the hard drive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (7,849 Views)

★★ Novice

emm i think the dvd! how do i check the hard drive?

Message 10 of 24 (7,841 Views)