Uninstalled Sims 3 and now it won't reinstall HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by maeghan2606

Original Post

Re: Uninstalled Sims 3 and now it won't reinstall HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero

The DVD would be the correct place to check.

At the top of the window you have open you find the address of what you're checking. What does it say ?

This is how mine shows for the seasons DVD: http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9949/dvdwa.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (1,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. No matter how I try uninstalling it(I've also used the linked provided in the second post), when i try to go and re-install the game, it still gives me the same issue of wanting to un-install it in the first place. Help! Please!

Message 12 of 24 (1,795 Views)

★ Novice

And its the same for me, I had all the sims games on, and i had to take them all off becuase my laptop broke, and they all came off no problem apart from the sims3 supernatural which was my latest expansion pack. It wouldnt uninstall however many ways I would try and now it wont install back in as its not uninstalled but then its not registering as being installed on my laptop either (having put the rest of the games back on) !!!

Message 13 of 24 (1,788 Views)

★★ Novice

how do i send a picture?

Message 14 of 24 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have a picture of how to fix it?

Message 15 of 24 (1,781 Views)

★★ Novice

no i want to send a picture of what my computer says

Message 16 of 24 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh go to google and search for "capturing screen shot", and it should tell you how to do it

Message 17 of 24 (1,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having similar problems, I had to uninstall for various reasons, but when i try to re-install Sims 3 it says my product code is invalid. I've spoken to someone at EA about this and he said the product code in Origin was what I needed to use, as it is what is registered with the game. But everytime I put the code in, it says invalid code. Any suggestions??

Message 18 of 24 (1,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You need to upload it to some image sharing site like photobucket or imageshack and then post the link here.

@demanda24: That's a different issue. See if this helps you

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/td...

If it doesn't, please make your own thread (although with serial codes you probably need to contact CS again)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (1,761 Views)

★ Novice

IS there still no solution to this problem?? Sims 3 Supernatural was my favourite expansion pack, not being able to install it is extremely frustrating!!!!

Message 20 of 24 (1,737 Views)