Re: Uncalled for Repossessions, the Bills Were Paid!

by lilly_of_dreams

Original Post

Uncalled for Repossessions, the Bills Were Paid!

★ Novice

Hello!

I have been having some issues with Sims 3 for the past little while. Most of it I have been able to fix, this one is my only outstanding problem.

I have my sims check the mailbox daily and she writes a cheque whenever there are bills. Unfortunately the Repo Man keeps coming to claim her belongings because 'the bills haven't been paid'. My sim is able to get to the mailbox and pay the bills, but i guess it's not registering with the game or something? I have already done my best to make sure everything is up to date, restarted the game, logged in and out a few times, restarted my computer... I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this and it's really bothersome. 

Thanks for any input and/or help!

Message 1 of 4 (5,204 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hmmm two things you can try

when you launch your game do a save as new name and use a cheat to delete the repo man ( the game will sooner or later regenerate a new repo NPC for the game )

when the repo arrives ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in testingcheatsenabled true hit enter click on the repo man and select object > delete don't forget to turn the cheat off ctrl+shift+c in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in testingcheatsenabled false

or when in game go to edit town save a copy of your sim and or sim+lot start a new game and place the copy in the new save

Message 2 of 4 (5,196 Views)

★ Novice

I will give this a try next time the Repo man comes by I guess. Thank you Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (5,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lilly_of_dreams I tried it while he was trying to take my furniture away. I already pay the bills all the time, he just showed up out of nowhere. I deleted him, he left my stuff alone and disappeared forever! 😂 I hated him.
Message 4 of 4 (2,326 Views)