Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

by dezlovesyou

Original Post

Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

★★ Newbie

This is what happened at first:

I was downloading Sims off the Exchange on the Sims 3 website. After installing them I clicked on "Create a House Hold" and it loaded and loaded and loaded. So I eventually turned it off. So, after trying multiple times, I reinstalled all of my games. Then just now I tried to open the launcher and this is the sign I get: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Update using the Launcher" but I can't update because it closes right after & it says I'm up to date with my game. What should I do?! I'm on the verge of tears and I love my Sims! Someone help!

What I have:

Sims 3

Sims 3 Late Night

Sims 3 Pets

Message 1 of 4 (4,948 Views)

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

Hero

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

and 

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/ 

You have probably downloaded something bad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (4,924 Views)

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pa

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

Thanks for the information you have provided.  

I am currently downloading the Super Patch v 1.67 to try and fix this same problem on my device.  I'm confused, though, because I don't have any expansion packs. The only thing that is different from every other time I have played is that I am using a different computer now.  I downloaded and installed Origin and The Sims 3 and then when I try to play, I get the originally mentioned error message.

Can you offer any insight as to why this might be happening?  I will reply once the Super Patch download and installation is complete.

Thank you,

Marley

Message 3 of 4 (3,669 Views)

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pa

Hero

And not stuff packs either ? Just the base game ?

I've seen people with this error with just the base game but I can't tell you why that is.

Just post back if the super patch doesn't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (3,662 Views)