Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Acolyte
dezlovesyou

Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

This is what happened at first:

I was downloading Sims off the Exchange on the Sims 3 website. After installing them I clicked on "Create a House Hold" and it loaded and loaded and loaded. So I eventually turned it off. So, after trying multiple times, I reinstalled all of my games. Then just now I tried to open the launcher and this is the sign I get: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Update using the Launcher" but I can't update because it closes right after & it says I'm up to date with my game. What should I do?! I'm on the verge of tears and I love my Sims! Someone help!

What I have:

Sims 3

Sims 3 Late Night

Sims 3 Pets

crinrict
Topics: 137
XP: 3,553
Solutions: 3,720

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

and 

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/ 

You have probably downloaded something bad.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
anumarley

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pa

Hi there,

Thanks for the information you have provided.  

I am currently downloading the Super Patch v 1.67 to try and fix this same problem on my device.  I'm confused, though, because I don't have any expansion packs. The only thing that is different from every other time I have played is that I am using a different computer now.  I downloaded and installed Origin and The Sims 3 and then when I try to play, I get the originally mentioned error message.

Can you offer any insight as to why this might be happening?  I will reply once the Super Patch download and installation is complete.

Thank you,

Marley

crinrict
Topics: 137
XP: 3,553
Solutions: 3,720

Re: Unable to start game: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pa

And not stuff packs either ? Just the base game ?

I've seen people with this error with just the base game but I can't tell you why that is.

Just post back if the super patch doesn't help.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.