Unable to reinstall my Sims 3 game on my PC

by 1animegal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to reinstall my Sims 3 game on my PC

★★ Novice

I had manually uninstalled all my Sims 3 games from my PC and now that Im trying to reinstall it, using the same undamaged disk, the game does not want to install.

I get this message from the InstallShield Wizard saying that the setup had detected the 1.50.056 version of the game already installed in my computer and that the setup I'm currently trying to install is an earlier version of the game (1.0.631) and that I have to uninstall the previous version before I can reinstall the game.

I am having trouble locating the previous version since anything that has to do with the game no longer exist in my computer other than the disk I have

Message 1 of 7 (3,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to reinstall my Sims 3 game on my PC

★★ Novice

Yes I was able to fix it. 

I had gone to my control panel and went to Add or Remove Programs and saw that the Sims 3 was still in there.

All I had to do was take it off the listing by "uninstalling" it. Since I had already uninstalled the game, all the computer was able to was to remove the listing once that was done  was able to reinstall the game.

I still got that Initialization failed message when I tried to play. 

I was able to fix that using this

https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-error-service-initialization-failed-0x065d0274

You will need to re-update your game when our done but after that you should be good to go.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (3,085 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Make sure to also clean your registery

You find the keys you need to delete here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,032 Views)

★★ Novice

This didn't work. I even did a disk cleanup and disk defragmenter after that and I got the same error message again.

Message 3 of 7 (3,022 Views)

Hero

So nothing in the registery, nothing in programs\electronicarts (or Origin) or programs(x86)\electronicarts (or Origin) or programs(x86)\Origin_Games ?

I'm out of ideas. Maybe some other helper has any ideas.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

were you ever able to figure this out.  i am having the same problem now

Message 5 of 7 (2,967 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I was able to fix it. 

I had gone to my control panel and went to Add or Remove Programs and saw that the Sims 3 was still in there.

All I had to do was take it off the listing by "uninstalling" it. Since I had already uninstalled the game, all the computer was able to was to remove the listing once that was done  was able to reinstall the game.

I still got that Initialization failed message when I tried to play. 

I was able to fix that using this

https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-error-service-initialization-failed-0x065d0274

You will need to re-update your game when our done but after that you should be good to go.

Message 6 of 7 (3,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to reinstall the sims 3 but in the control pannel I'm not able to remove it because it can't find a certain file, any idea to solve this? (ps. sorry if i made spelling mistakes)

Message 7 of 7 (652 Views)