Unable to edit town when social worker is arriving with pet

by kritz86

Original Post

Unable to edit town when social worker is arriving with pet

★★★ Newbie

i had my sim attempt to adopt a dog from the animal shelter but then had to quit the game before the dog arrived. the next time i went into the game the social worker never came with the dog and i am now unable to adopt another pet and it also says that i cannot edit my town when the social worker is arriving with my pet. i played that particular house for 5 days and no pet yet and i am still unable to go into the town to edit or adopt any other pets. Please help!!

Message 1 of 2 (1,310 Views)

Re: Unable to edit town when social worker is arriving with pet

★ Pro

Can you go to your documents / electronic arts / the sims 3 / saves  and see if there is a folder with the same name as the game that you are currently playing that ends in .backup? If there is, than copy the files in that saves folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you are currently playing but endind in .sims3    After you do this, try to adopt a pet, but this time don't leave the game while the pet doesn't arrive and make sure that the social worker has left your property before you save.

Message 2 of 2 (1,305 Views)