Unable to connect to EA download manager

by nikkibeals2000

Original Post

Unable to connect to EA download manager

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to play my Sims game, it says that it is unable to connect to the EA download manager. My game will not update itself as it used to. I also cannot play the game while online so I cannot download content while I am playing the game. What is wrong?

Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to EA download manager

★★★ Novice

im having the same issue 

I just reinstalled sims 3 on my laptop

so im stuck with version 1.0.631

and I keep getting unable to connect to ea download manager

im guessing the early version makes it so that it cant see origin

what can I do to bring it up to date ?

Message 2 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to EA download manager

★★★ Newbie
I am also having a variation this issue... 

I purchased a new expansion pack and, most unfortunately, discovered Origin. It crashed the entire game when I tried to install the new pack, saying that it was corrupted or something. When I tried to open the game without the new pack, it said it couldn't locate it anymore (which is funny because I had played just last week with no issues...). I had to uninstall the base game and the 2 packs I already had; I didn't even bother backing any of the existing game stuff up, I just wiped it clean. I have only succeeded in re-installing the base game and one pack (I haven't even ventured to try to play them yet). The other expansion wont install unless my game is up to date, my game wont update without the EA Download Manager, and the EA Download manager says its installed and up to date, but my game isn't recognizing it and thus still won't update. 

What the H, EA?
Message 3 of 3 (164 Views)