'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

by lhuer0427

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

★★ Novice

so i been looking thru other forums to see if i can find a solution so far none. so when i got the games from origin bundle .SIMS 3 work perfectly for 2 days ( i didnt yet install the other packs (high end loft & late night) so then on the third day, i installed the other packs, made my sims account. (use my origin info to log in) so i use the same email & password. then once i was done, i wanted to play my sims 3 with the new stuff. then it started saying that it was unable to connect to EA dowload manager, i try everything. even the patches. help?

Message 1 of 10 (45,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

★★ Novice
So my sims 3 base game started working. When I removed the add ons packages. Now is working perfectly fine once again. :-)

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (49,763 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to log in from the in-game menu and i get a message saying i need the latest game update to log in... but my launcher says i am up to date. Also the launcher has said "unable to connect to EA Download manager" but as far as i am aware that's now replaced by origin... which is how i start the launcher >_< 

anyone have any idea what i can do about this? or do i just have to put up with not being able to log in?

Thanks

Message 2 of 10 (45,731 Views)

Hero

Try the tips here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

Origin is the new download manager

---------------------

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (45,727 Views)

★★ Novice
So my sims 3 base game started working. When I removed the add ons packages. Now is working perfectly fine once again. :-)
Message 4 of 10 (49,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I removed add-ons too but the error message persists. don't tell i have to reinstall all again....

EDIT: today the error message changed from "Unable to connect to EA download manager" to "Unable to connect to Origin".

Message 5 of 10 (45,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 6 of 10 (26,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the exact same problem i just play sims 3 without logging in but i want to install sims 3 univerisity life but it said that i have update my sims 3 so i go to update and it said im up to date what do i do?

Message 7 of 10 (21,541 Views)

★★ Novice
Im having all of these problems i just dont know what happened
Message 8 of 10 (21,516 Views)

★ Novice

Me too, atually, first I had to uninstall and re install sims 3 cause it wouldn't let me install the other pansion packs. Then when I installed it again, I installed late night, and it well perfectly well. Then I tried installing University Life and it said I had to install the newest version or whatever, and I went and opened the launcher, and I just thought it would come up, as it normally does, but instead it shows me this "Unable to connect to EA download Manager" I have closed and opened the launcher over a thousand times and I am just about to smash my computer to the wall and call it a day.

Message 9 of 10 (19,163 Views)

Hero (Retired)

did you try crin's tips ? try the superpatch first

Message 10 of 10 (19,146 Views)