Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

by lhuer0427

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

★★★★ Novice

so i been looking thru other forums to see if i can find a solution so far none. so when i got the games from origin bundle .SIMS 3 work perfectly for 2 days ( i didnt yet install the other packs (high end loft & late night) so then on the third day, i installed the other packs, made my sims account. (use my origin info to log in) so i use the same email & password. then once i was done, i wanted to play my sims 3 with the new stuff. then it started saying that it was unable to connect to EA dowload manager, i try everything. even the patches. help?

Message 1 of 10 (34,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Unable to connect to EA download manager' HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE

★★★★ Novice
So my sims 3 base game started working. When I removed the add ons packages. Now is working perfectly fine once again. :-)

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (33,937 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I was trying to log in from the in-game menu and i get a message saying i need the latest game update to log in... but my launcher says i am up to date. Also the launcher has said "unable to connect to EA Download manager" but as far as i am aware that's now replaced by origin... which is how i start the launcher >_< 

anyone have any idea what i can do about this? or do i just have to put up with not being able to log in?

Thanks

Message 2 of 10 (33,921 Views)

Hero

Try the tips here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

Origin is the new download manager

---------------------

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck and Happy Simmin
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Thinking of helping out ? Please check the Helper's Corner for Sims 4 or Sims 3 and The Academy

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
PNs werden nicht beantwortet. Probleme gehören ins Forum

Message 3 of 10 (33,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So my sims 3 base game started working. When I removed the add ons packages. Now is working perfectly fine once again. :-)
Message 4 of 10 (33,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I removed add-ons too but the error message persists. don't tell i have to reinstall all again....

EDIT: today the error message changed from "Unable to connect to EA download manager" to "Unable to connect to Origin".

Message 5 of 10 (33,846 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Message 6 of 10 (14,741 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

i have the exact same problem i just play sims 3 without logging in but i want to install sims 3 univerisity life but it said that i have update my sims 3 so i go to update and it said im up to date what do i do?

Message 7 of 10 (9,731 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Im having all of these problems i just dont know what happened
Message 8 of 10 (9,706 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Me too, atually, first I had to uninstall and re install sims 3 cause it wouldn't let me install the other pansion packs. Then when I installed it again, I installed late night, and it well perfectly well. Then I tried installing University Life and it said I had to install the newest version or whatever, and I went and opened the launcher, and I just thought it would come up, as it normally does, but instead it shows me this "Unable to connect to EA download Manager" I have closed and opened the launcher over a thousand times and I am just about to smash my computer to the wall and call it a day.

Message 9 of 10 (7,353 Views)

did you try crin's tips ? try the superpatch first

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Message 10 of 10 (7,336 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Connection troubleshooting steps

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help