URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because its on build mode

by italianunicorn5

Original Post

URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because its on build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So the game has kind of frozen and crashed.

its It is letting me click but it doesnt follow through with the comand, say i clicked 'live' mode it would select it but not actually go on it. I need to save this game as i have spent a LONG time making and furnishing this huge house. If i could add pictures or videos this could be easier to show you what has gone wrong. When i click on the land is says 'set front of lot'. Also when i click on any furnitre it comes up with four options, 1; 'Thumbnail camera...' 2; 'Delete it'. 3; 'clone' or 4; 'reset'. 

Im basicly stuck on build mode, which means i can't save my game. And its killing me. The only way i can get up the menu bar ('...') is by clicking F5. 

I am on an apple mac.

The bar which actually contains the furniutre and objects has disapeared too. 

please help as i am completely stuck 

Message 1 of 13 (3,495 Views)

Re: URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because its on build mode

Community Manager

Have you already tried everything that is mentioned here?

Links to Mac help threads and guides by bluebellflora

Mac users, this is for you.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 13 (3,452 Views)

Re: URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because it

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This has just happened to me for the first time after a year of playing.  But i am not a Mac user!  The game seems to be stuck in some sort of mode that maybe developers only would use... only a few commands show up no matter what I click... reset, set front of lot, clone, delete it.  I don't want to lose what I did just before this happened, but if I choose QUIT, it says I will exit without saving, and I can't find a save command (the menu with that and edit, two, etc. won't open.)

I hope someone reads and answers this soon... I'll be having Sims withdrawal...

thanks in advance

Message 3 of 13 (2,924 Views)

Re: URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because it

Hero (Retired)

Has your game always been like this? 

Please answer the following questions: (Thanks to Crinrict)

See if this helps as well: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ISSUE-Sims-3-Minimizing/td-p/3230209

Message 4 of 13 (2,917 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, it had never happened before, in the year I've had it and I've been playing a LOT.

I had to be away from my computer for a few hours after I posted my request for help, and when I got back the game was still like that.  

But I didn't realize that anyone would reply so quickly, so before I even looked back here, I went into Task Manager and clicked "end".  Even that took longer than usual.  I'll just have to replay the part of the game that wasn't saved.  If it happens again, I'll go through the rest of the steps you recommended.  Thank you SO MUCH for your speedy attempt at helping me!

Message 5 of 13 (2,912 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It's a pleasure. Hopefully it won't happen again Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 13 (2,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know I'm a little late, yet I was experiencing the same problem and I have a solution..using the F5 key you open the menu and click on 'edit town' and you should be able to go on from there.
Message 7 of 13 (2,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know I'M a little late but THANK YOU yazmin I was so close to exiting without saving...
Message 8 of 13 (2,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

I pressed F5 and clicked edit town but it just made a loading mouse icon and froze nothing has happened for over 20 mins, and help?

Message 9 of 13 (2,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie
im late but i have the same problem but i play this game like sure 5years now 3 years on my hp laptop but i clicked on edit town but it takes a long time do i need te start over my whole game ???????
Message 10 of 13 (1,829 Views)