Town won't load past 97-99%?

by fatedamage

Original Post

Town won't load past 97-99%?

★★★ Newbie

http://puu.sh/2mA4s

So, the morning this was happening, I noticed that my Sims were aging too fast, and they had already aged to elders before I could extend their lives. So I entered the cheat so that I could right click and reverse the age of my sim/Create-A-Sim. As far as custom content goes, I only have 3 installed, all just hair and eyes. I recreated one with one custom hair.

Now, I can't load past 97-99%. I've let my game load for over an hour, and it still won't load my game. I've tried restarting but it still won't load my town. What should I do?

Message 1 of 6 (6,232 Views)

Re: Town won't load past 97-99%?

★ Pro

That happens when you have a corrupted file in your saved game. Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

Message 2 of 6 (6,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, ive had the same problem but im using iMac, is it different because i cant find any names with .backup next to them, can you help me?

Message 3 of 6 (4,636 Views)

Hero

Could you make your own thread. 

This one is very old and macs have a different set of issue than PC do, so cause could be different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (4,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, first of all... i found about the TestingCheatsEnabled True cheat and i have used it for about a week, and then one morning i woke up and i noticed that it had stopped loading at about 97% so i tried again and again, i created copies of it but it wouldnt work, so i reinstalled the game and it still wouldnt work, thats just what happened

Message 5 of 6 (4,420 Views)

★★★ Pro

@TheJamez3 wrote:

Well, first of all... i found about the TestingCheatsEnabled True cheat and i have used it for about a week, and then one morning i woke up and i noticed that it had stopped loading at about 97% so i tried again and again, i created copies of it but it wouldnt work, so i reinstalled the game and it still wouldnt work, thats just what happened

Crin asked that you make your own post because this is an old thread and your on MAC. At the top of the forum you will see a new question button. Use that to start a new thread and put MAC in the title of the thread so the MAC helper in this forum can assist you

Message 6 of 6 (4,415 Views)