This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3

by MemoMimo42

Original Post

This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I was having issues with updating my game (I have the base game and Pets expansion) before I attempted to update (to 1.55) everything worked fine. I was forced to uninstall my games and reinstall. I had some struggles but finally got the base game to successfully download. I tried installing Pets next and kept getting a message that said "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3" even though I DO have an installed copy. Any help?

Message 1 of 9 (9,545 Views)

Re: This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3

★★ Guide

After you installed the base game, did you allow the game to update first?

Message 2 of 9 (9,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There was no update

I can't install any expansion packs except the one that I got with the digital version

Message 3 of 9 (8,505 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you're not at 1.63, please update your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (8,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have it updated but it says the same things .

Message 5 of 9 (7,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I mean, the only thing I can think of doing is trying to manually install The Sims 3 using a guide off of the web specific for this problem... if not, it may be because your computer is either too advanced/inadvanced for The Sims 3... what Windows etc are you running? Try reinstalling the game one more time, making sure that you remove any old saved files you have ><

Message 6 of 9 (7,205 Views)

Hero

It's 1.67 now.

Does it say store or game update ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (7,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It says my version is 1.42 and when I go to game updates it says Im up to date what do I do?
Message 8 of 9 (7,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have download and installed Sims 3 through Origin and updated origin and the Sims 3. The Sims works fine but I have been trying to installed Sims 3 university life expansion pack through origin and I even put the disc in and wait for the auto start but it said I have to have an installed copy of the Sims 3. I have tried EVERTHING from installing to reinstalling. I have been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now and I'm getting frustrated. I was really looking forward to playing University Life that's why I even bought the Sims 3. I'm very upset with this situation and an unhappy customer. I don't even see why PC games have to even go through origin. Make it like how it use to be put the disc in, download and play not through origin.

Message 9 of 9 (6,910 Views)