There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active

by ItsMeTai

Original Post

There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active

★★ Novice

if the problem persists try again later.

Happens when I try and launch the game, 

it seems that when I first download the game it works fine, but once I let it update to the newest patch, the problem occurs.

I've tried:

Disabling all anti virus software and protraction on my computer.
Bypassing the launcher by launching the game from the bin.
Clearing internet explorer cache and resetting it to default settings.

Reinstalling the game

When I'm in the launcher i also get these random script errors, I dismiss them by clicking "yes" or "no"

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9 (5,206 Views)

Re: There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active

Hero

EA had issues yesterday. Can you check if you still have problems.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (5,177 Views)

Re: There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active

★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for your reply!

Sadly the problem is still occurring, I spoke to some more chat advisers yesterday and tried more solutions such as setting Explorer as my default browser, some CMD internet related commends, following this guide:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-uo-trace/

Removing origin, cleaning my registry with ccleaner, re installing origin and The Sims 3.

And the problem is still occurring, I'm gonna try and chat with them again today, got too tired yesterday, any suggestions?

Message 3 of 9 (5,172 Views)

Hero

Where do you get the message ? Origin or the launcher ?

Did you make sure that proxies are turned off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (5,165 Views)

★★ Novice

I get the error when I click the play button in the launcher, what are the proxies? Where do I turn them off?

Message 5 of 9 (5,162 Views)

Hero

Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Untick Proxy Server

Also try changing your password on Origin. That resets it for both the website/launcher and Origin 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (5,142 Views)

Re: There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet con

★★ Novice

Hi, I know this thread is old, but I'm still having this problem myself. I do not have proxies enabled, and there's theoretically nothing keeping me from connecting, yet I still get this error. Tried the password reset as well, which as usual means I have to reset it twice because the first change never actually works. But i digress. Resetting it did nothing, I've never used proxies, still get the error. 

Message 7 of 9 (4,618 Views)

Re: There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet con

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, this is happening to me, too. I think it's Supernatural that's causing it for me. I've heard sometimes it can be fixed by re-installing it and hooking up your ethernet cable directly, but I kinda can't do that, soooo...

Message 8 of 9 (4,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried uninstalling Supernatural, but nothing changed, so that's not the issue. Possibly Relevant Side-note: Origin is claiming it can't complete updates, directing me to download the setup again to get the latest version directly, however, when I actually did this the first time it came up, the installer said that I already had the latest version it was offering, asking if I still wanted to re-install. I did, but it didn't change anything, and it's since asked me to do this again.

Message 9 of 9 (4,499 Views)