Re: The sims3 launcher cannot connect to origin

by Greenmother1

Original Post

The sims3 launcher cannot connect to origin

★★★★ Novice

When I go on the Sims 3 launcher it keeps saying cannot connect to origin

I have the correct sims 3 update and I think I have the newest update for origin.

Message 1 of 11 (6,502 Views)

Hero

Try reinstalling Origin and make sure you don't have the EA Download Manager still on your Computer.

Follow these steps to remove any left over registry entries after uninstalling Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin

Also make sure Java, Flash Player and WIndows are up-to-date

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (6,451 Views)

★★ Novice

This one also won't work. Frown

Message 3 of 11 (5,903 Views)

★★ Novice

You can bypass the Origin app and use the manual update found http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch,then install Sunlit Tides or any other expansion you want to install.

This will fix the issue.

Message 4 of 11 (5,902 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

This is the only solution that has helped me with this problem. I have had the issue with the launcher since Origin and Ea first teamed up. I have done everything and spoke to suppose tech support and so on. Thanks so much for posting this aquarius007 u are a godsend.

Message 5 of 11 (5,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still can't connect to orgin from my launcher but I dont need to as I can access my games and download content  now, If any one hasn't tryed it yet I recomend using aquarius007 salution it works, u can download updates and still play the game w/out dealing with origin.

Message 6 of 11 (5,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you use the download found at games4theworld and by origin will this make you unable to play your games through your origin account.

Message 7 of 11 (3,651 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the same issue i have all the expansions except superntaural and fast lane. I bought windows 8 computer and my game just wont load sometimes it says cant connect orgin and then sometimes i press the play button and it stops running as if i ever clicked on anything. this is so frustrating  I did the updates manually and my computer is up to date. I even change the compatibility mode still nothins works

Message 8 of 11 (1,912 Views)

Hero

Did you move over any user files or is this a fresh installation ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,908 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been unable to connect to origin for the sims 3. I want to really just play the Supernatural version of the Sims 3 so I am looking for a solution because I have already had two computer people look into it and they can confirm it is not the firewall. All signs point to the launcher or program itself i have uninstalled and reinstalled origin the sims 3 and java but still no luck if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Also this is my first time posting to anything on a forum so thank you in advance. I also know I should post something myself but i really have no idea how to navigate here. Again thank you ^^

Message 10 of 11 (1,803 Views)