The sims 3 won't install on my brand new Asus Windows 8.1 laptop

by brilaz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3 won't install on my brand new Asus Windows 8.1 laptop

★★★ Newbie

I purchased The Sims 3 on DVD and it won't install. The install screen pops up, but when I click on the INSTALL button, nothing happens.

-Brian

Message 1 of 6 (2,612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 3 won't install on my brand new Asus Windows 8.1 laptop

Hero (Retired)

Is the computer mounting the disc? Can you explore the disc? Some drive manfacturer's model are having trouble with TS3 discs. Some never read the disc or stop reading them after some time. Check the disc in another computer known to be able to read the disc. If you can explore the disc on another computer the problem is your optical drive. You can get the digital download version (free) by downloading off Origin. Or replace the optical drive.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,771 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Is the computer mounting the disc? Can you explore the disc? Some drive manfacturer's model are having trouble with TS3 discs. Some never read the disc or stop reading them after some time. Check the disc in another computer known to be able to read the disc. If you can explore the disc on another computer the problem is your optical drive. You can get the digital download version (free) by downloading off Origin. Or replace the optical drive.

Message 2 of 6 (2,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I can bring up explorer and browse the disk.

-Brian

Message 3 of 6 (2,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I get the downloadable version free off of origins?

Message 4 of 6 (2,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured out how to download it, so hopefully that will fix things. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've signed into Origins and I cannot locate the free download; would you be able to assist? I have the actual game but I cannot get it to load so am following the instruction to download the free version.   Thank you in advance for the help.

Message 6 of 6 (2,491 Views)