The sims 3 question

by LuisL99

Original Post

Re: The sims 3 question

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
Will this monitor be good for the desktop,will this monitor have good resolution,decent or better speakers,and is it pretty big?
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/spec/getspec.aspx?n=MONITOR&v=22%22%20Widescreen%201920x1080%20Sceptre%2...

Hello,

That looks like a standard good quality monitor, with a good resolution, fine response times. But generally speakers on monitors aren't exactly great, but they aren't too bad for most things. In terms of size, its perhaps larger than you're used to, but in no way that big - I'm using a larger 24in monitor, and I don't think its too large to be honest.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Message 41 of 65 (360 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
If the speakers aren't going to be good for ts3 and ts4 which speakers should I choose from the cyber power site? Speakers that aren't too expensive
Message 42 of 65 (358 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
If the speakers aren't going to be good for ts3 and ts4 which speakers should I choose from the cyber power site? Speakers that aren't too expensive

Hello,

Unless you can afford a proper speaker system, just go for the Logitech Stereo Speakers for ~$20. They should be better than the monitor's speakers, and if not, they aren't too expensive so it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Cody

Message 43 of 65 (356 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Should I get the ssd and hard drive combo.which cyber power sells ssd and a hard drive. What's a ssd?how does it work? And how does it benefit my pc?
Message 44 of 65 (352 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
Should I get the ssd and hard drive combo.which cyber power sells ssd and a hard drive. What's a ssd?how does it work? And how does it benefit my pc?

Hello,

An SSD is a type of storage (like a hard drive) where you can run an operating system off, install applications and store information. However, the SSD technology is much faster than a conventional hard drive, which basically means much faster booting times, apps open quicker and general computing feels just faster.

I would recommend an SSD and HDD combo if you can afford it. I would install the operating system and the applications (and games) on the SSD for faster loading, and then storage files on the SSD. If it were me, I would go for either a 120GB or 240GB Samsung Evo SSD + 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue, but you may get better value out of the already created SSD + HDD Combos - the 128GB Sandisk + 1TB drive, or the 256GB ADATA + 1TB combo.

A larger SSD allows for more applications and games, just as a heads up.

Cody

Message 45 of 65 (336 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Which mouse combo should I get? I want to get razer cause I've seen their products and their good but the cm storm has lighting on it so I Dont know which to get
CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo (Black Color w/ Blue Light)
Or
(Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Razer Cyclosa Gaming Keyboard & Abyssus Gaming Mouse
Message 46 of 65 (329 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
Which mouse combo should I get? I want to get razer cause I've seen their products and their good but the cm storm has lighting on it so I Dont know which to get
CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo (Black Color w/ Blue Light)
Or
(Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Razer Cyclosa Gaming Keyboard & Abyssus Gaming Mouse

Hello,

When it comes to keyboards and mice, they like to throw 'gaming' onto their products to squeeze more money out of you. As long as you have a mouse with good DPI that is adjustable, you have all the features required to make you better at gaming.

Both combos are good, but I wouldn't make a decision based purely on backlighting - you're unlikely to be looking at your keyboard that much. Go with whichever one you like the most, as they are both good combos.

Cody

Message 47 of 65 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Which mouse combo would you choose? And do you know how much the sims 4 premium edition will cost on Black Friday at best buy,target,Walmart,Amazon,etc
Message 48 of 65 (309 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
Which mouse combo would you choose? And do you know how much the sims 4 premium edition will cost on Black Friday at best buy,target,Walmart,Amazon,etc

Hello,

I would probably go for the CM one as its mouse has better DPI adjustment options, but believe me it doesn't matter what you choose.

I reckon Amazon may be the cheapest, and I expect the price to drop to around $40-$45 if you're lucky, but you would definitely be able to get it for $50. There will be more deals though throughout the year, perhaps closer to Christmas so keep an eye out on Origin.

Cody

Message 49 of 65 (294 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
when I get my desktop then after a few months I decide to upgrade my graphics card,motherboard,cup,hard drive,etc will I be able to upgrade them to anything?

And later im going to get the mouse "Razer Naga Epic Chroma" the keyboard "Razer Blackwidow Chroma" and the mouse mat "Razer Goliathus 2014 Extended" would those Razer products be a good choice?
Message 50 of 65 (289 Views)