Re: The sims 3 question

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you for all your help!!! Standard smile
Message 11 of 65 (650 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

You're welcome Confusedmileyhappy:

Unless you have any further questions, it would be a good idea to make this thread 'solved' (choose one of my posts as the solution), and feel free to throw some XP if you think I've been especially helpful.

Thanks,

Cody

Message 12 of 65 (645 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Hi again lol I keep coming back,but my final decision is to get this desktop again http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-23-touch-screen-all-in-one-computer-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/58... would this desktop run the sims 3 at max settings with cc,mods,store content,and all expansion packs,etc if I upgraded the graphics card to NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti and would it also run the sims 4 at ultra settings with mods,expansion packs,etc
Message 13 of 65 (639 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot easily upgrade that computer with the GTX 750 Ti. It is an all-in-one PC, which means it does not have the space available or the compatibility with that graphics card.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Message 14 of 65 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Oh that sucks,well so it would run at medium low settings if I get all expansion packs,cc,mods,and store content for sims 3. And what about sims 4?
Message 15 of 65 (620 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

It would probably run The Sims 3 with all expansions at low-medium settings, and low settings in The Sims 4.

What about this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1S90356

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236272

This should be able to play the game at high settings in both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4, even when EPs and patches are added.

Cody

Message 16 of 65 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Is there another desktop that doesent come with a desktop system unit,that comes with speakers,like the one I shows you. That runs the sims 3 and 4 at highest settings with EP's,cc,mods,etc
Message 17 of 65 (603 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

So what you're asking for is an "All-in-One" PC where all of the computer components are inside the screen's casing. And the short answer is that for $1000, you would not get an All-in-One PC that can play The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 at the highest settings with all the EPs and patches factored in.

This is probably the cheapest All-in-One that can do what you're asking:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883152066R

Cody

Message 18 of 65 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I just like this desktop,Im going to choose this desktop http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-23-touch-screen-all-in-one-computer-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/58...
I like how it looks, it has a big screen, I saw it at best buy in real life,it has beats audio,and it's a touchscreen. Will there be a probelm when playing the sims 3 like if I play it at low medium settings with mods,cc,patches,ep's etc? And if it's gonna run the sims 4 at low settings will it run it laggy when there's ep's,cc,etc in the future with low settings? do low settings have a huge difference with ultra in the sims 4?
And is this a bad choice of pc for gaming?
Message 19 of 65 (570 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuisL99 wrote:
I just like this desktop,Im going to choose this desktop http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-23-touch-screen-all-in-one-computer-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/58...
I like how it looks, it has a big screen, I saw it at best buy in real life,it has beats audio,and it's a touchscreen.
1 - Will there be a probelm when playing the sims 3 like if I play it at low medium settings with mods,cc,patches,ep's etc?
2 - And if it's gonna run the sims 4 at low settings will it run it laggy when there's ep's,cc,etc in the future with low settings?
3 - do low settings have a huge difference with ultra in the sims 4?
4 - And is this a bad choice of pc for gaming?

Hello,

I have numbered your questions to make the answers simpler:

1 - For the most part, there probably won't be any problems with running The Sims 4 at low settings on this computer with the base game and EPs. However, CC can cause problems on any system, as not all CC is compatible with other ones. But even then, that computer still has integrated Intel HD graphics, which have caused problem with The Sims 4 in the past, namely the Deformed Baby bug that seemed to affect a number of Intel HD graphics owners. So I cannot say for certain that you won't have any problems.

2 - As EPs and patches are added, even higher end system will notice some performance loss. Because that computer has integrated graphics, and also how with The Sims 3, people with integrated graphics had very laggy, choppy gameplay when installing a number of EPs.

3 - The difference between Ultra and Low graphics settings are much smaller than they can be in other games, and probably not as bad as The Sims 3. But there is definitely a difference, but if you're more interested in the gameplay, I doubt it will be a large nuisance. Low settings still look good.

4 - Generally when we are talking about gaming systems, we are on about computers with dedicated graphics. Comparing the graphics requirements for The Sims 4 with other popular games released in the last two years, TS4 has lower minimum requirements. Therefore, I would say that this computer is not a good choice if the primary purpose is gaming, as you only have integrated graphics.

Cody

Message 20 of 65 (559 Views)