Re: The sims 3 for Mac??

by EA_Mai

Original Post

The sims 3 for Mac??

★★★ Newbie

How do you get sims 3 on Mac? I bought the game on steam but its only for PC and I can't install it let alone try to run the game. I do love the sims and I really wanna play it for Mac but I have no idea how to. If somebody can help me that would be fantastic. I've heard you can get the Mac version on origin but I don't wanna spend more money if I already have the PC version. (still haven't been able to get a refund from steam for that but I figured I would convert it to the Mac version? least thats what people are saying anyway.) Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (3,588 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Redsoulheart,

Even if you bough the games in Steam, have you tried to redeem your (Steam) game codes in Origin? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (3,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not really, I wouldn't know how to. My system can't run The sims 3 on Mac. So idk how to get what ever codes i need. Nor how to redeem them for origin. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,557 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Redsoulheart,

Regarding getting the codes, you may want to contact Steam support for them to explain you how to do it.

Once you have the codes, you can redeem them in Origin following the instructions you will find in the 'Redeem your code' section of this article or following the link I gave you in my first answer.

Let me know if you have any other questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (3,553 Views)

★★★ Newbie
so to get the sims for mac i have to buy it instead of going through origin access?
Message 5 of 6 (2,882 Views)

[ Edited ]

@queenie231  Origin Access is only for PC; you wouldn't be able to use it on a mac.  So yes, if you want to play in mac OS, you have to buy the game.

Despite the previous question, you could buy TS3 through Steam.  You'd just have to login to Steam on a PC to get the corresponding codes, and once they were registered to your EA/Origin account, you could download the game onto your mac using Origin.  Or, you could just buy through Origin and skip the other steps.  Both platforms have occasional sales.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (2,874 Views)