The launcher uninstalls my games

by Skyfri_Himmel

Original Post

Re: The launcher uninstalls my games

★★★★ Apprentice

I am on 1.67 because I can't run the game on 1.69.

Message 11 of 16 (568 Views)

Hero

Then the digitals won't work as your game will be updated if you install them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 16 (561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What I meant was, that if i were to install the digital ones AND update, whether this would then work on that too? That is, would it work so that the launcher at patch 1.69 wouldn't in fact uninstall my games? and actually let me have my store bought content in the game?

Message 13 of 16 (550 Views)

Hero

In theory it should.

Everything should work with 1.69.

It's possible that you'll need to reinstall the expansions yet again but Store content and EPs should all work. I don't know why some people have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay so here's a little update:

I ended up ordering the remaining ep's and sp's on Amazon.org/uk and recieved most of them today. I tried and failed at installing Showtime. Afterwards I was at a loss. I then remembered asking here about the launcher errors, and I read your reply. I then tried doing exactly what we had talked about: updated the game, then i had to uninstall all the ep's and sp's because, well they were already uninstalled by the launcher but still installed on the computer and in origin (I know, it doesn't make any sense). I then reinstalled it all, all the time checking that they worked in the game. I restarted the computer several times and then opened the game again and again to make sure they worked. At last I installed the Store Content. And what do you know, it works! I had saved my savefile (Legacy) so I didn't have to start from scratch again, and it works too!

I thank you so much for your help. Now I can return most of the packs and hopefully get a refund. We'll see. Anyway, great advice and right on the spot with information. So many thanks!

Message 15 of 16 (519 Views)

Hero

Great you got it to work.

Enjoy your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (512 Views)