The launcher uninstalls my games

by Skyfri_Himmel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The launcher uninstalls my games

★★★★ Apprentice

When patch 1.69 went online, and i installed it, it uninstalled my all my games except the basegame. I went into origin and there it said they were installed, but in the launcher it said they weren't. I tried starting the game and no, they were not installed. Neither were my store content.

I've tried uninstalling the game and installing it again, but of course the update still installs, and basically the same thing happens again. I install all the games, install all the store content i've got which is basically 15 -17 pages on the store page.

When i install the store content it says it is installed, but it doesn't show up in "installed" tab in the launcher. And it doesn't show up ingame either. And now, it has uninstalled all my games once more. Basically after the patch, I can't play any of my The Sims 3 games, and i've got them all except Katy Perry Sweet Treats.

This is really frustrating because I've put a lot of money and hours into the game. I like going back to older games and play them again, and The Sims 3's got a lot of good stuff to it.

Please fix this with an update or tell me how to revert the update. I've tried using a guide on thesims forum, but I can't work out how to do it.

Message 1 of 16 (719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The launcher uninstalls my games

Hero

In theory it should.

Everything should work with 1.69.

It's possible that you'll need to reinstall the expansions yet again but Store content and EPs should all work. I don't know why some people have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (1,059 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you tried uninstalling everything, aka making sure that all your Sims 3 games, incl. expansions/stuff packs are gone as well as all the registry entries and then reinstalling base through Origin and then the EPs ?

As for the Store content, did you remove al files ebc from your DCCache folder and install them freshly ?

To revert back to 1.67, you will need everything on disc as well as the 'old' base game that had no Origin requirement.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (709 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have uninstalled everything and installed it from scratch. I found out how to not install the latest patch, by only installing the ones I've got on disc and then update it manually to 1.67. So far it the games work, BUT my store content STILL won't show up in the game, which makes it pretty useless to me.

I have no idea what to do now.

On my laptop I have everything installed and it works fine there because I never installed the update on there.

On my Desktop computer though, that's where the problem is. Now I have the same update (1.67.2) as on my laptop, but it doesn't work, apparently. This makes absolutely no sense to me :/

Message 3 of 16 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you start with a fresh user folder, redownloaded the store content and installed again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (684 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What do you mean with a Fresh User Folder? I uninstalled the game through control panel and then reinstalled it.

Message 5 of 16 (678 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (667 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This seems to work alright. But I can't find PassportData.package file in the folder, and nor the Collection file. Is this because I don't have Showtime installed?

I tried downloading Lucky Palms and it was in the game when i started it, so it seems to work.

Message 7 of 16 (656 Views)

Hero

I afair those are showtime related

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (648 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If I were to install the ep's I've got as digital download through Origin, would this work too? So that the launcher wouldn't uninstall my games and would actually let me have the store bought items in the game?

So far it has worked wonders.

Message 9 of 16 (633 Views)

Hero

If you're are at 1.69, you can install the digital ones as well, yes (they just don't work on 1.67).

Try one after another.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (628 Views)