The launcher don't recognize the expansion pack[Mac]

by AET0210

Original Post

The launcher don't recognize the expansion pack[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bougth a few days ago the expansion pack of supernatural and i already installed it twice but when the launcher runs the game do it without supernatural. 

my operating system is Mac Lion, and i spoke to many advisors of ea but none can help me. I don't know what to do, cause in the  launchpad the icon of supernatural appears but when i try to open it the launcher still runs the game without the expansion. Please help me.

Also i downloaded it on a windows vista and in there the expansion runs :*(

Message 1 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: The launcher don't recognize the expansion pack[Mac]

Champion (Retired)

Hi

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

There are two things you can try.

1.Go into Applications on your Mac's hard drive and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall and start again.

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)