The game won't start after I downloaded an expansion pack

by Lanastiya97

Original Post

The game won't start after I downloaded an expansion pack

★★ Novice

Hi, :womanvery-happy:

I have Windows 8.1. My base game and the High-End Loft Stuff pack work fine, but when I download the Late Night expansion pack, my game won't start up. My game launcher starts up, though, and it says "Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager". I'm using the 1.63.2 version. And I have also been getting a couple script errors, which don't seem to be hindering my game play....

I have been digging through forums for a while.... and I even tried listing Origin and my games as exceptions in my firewall and anti- malware app, and opting in for the beta version of Origin, but the only thing that has helped me is uninstalling the expansion pack. xD And I would really like to play with the expansion packs....

Please help! Any useful ideas would be greatly appreciated.  :cathappy:

Message 1 of 6 (243 Views)

Re: The game won't start after I downloaded an expansion pack

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have reinstalled the pack and origin and patched after my post here, now back to the same old problem.... lol

Here's the link for my DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/7JZL7xm4

Message 3 of 6 (224 Views)

Hero

Many people with your cpu have the same issue: They can play the base game but not any expansions.

The minimum requirements need at least a 2.4 ghz CPU or equivalent. You only have a AMD 1.0 ghz which is not an equivalent.

Don't think there's much you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (204 Views)

★★ Novice

:/ Alright, thanks.

And is there any way I could increase CPU? lol Or just has to be a different computer...

Message 5 of 6 (195 Views)

Hero

Not without getting a new computer cause you probably have a laptop and those are not upgradable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (186 Views)