The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

by PaholaKarely

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

★ Novice

Hey my sims3 launcher is doing the same thing you had problems with the blue screen and cant log in can you help me fixe mine? PLEASE.

Message 51 of 71 (1,329 Views)

★ Novice

this is my email. [edit: email address removed], please help me fixe my log in.

Message 52 of 71 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @bainefam,

Sorry for the late reply.

Did you get a chance to try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-won-t-let-me-log-in-and-the-welcome-page-is-being/m-p...

Let us know how you get on.
EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 53 of 71 (1,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well nothing thats posted to fix the problem has worked no matter how many times i try it, i cannot get logged in in the launcher.

Message 54 of 71 (1,301 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Aberdonianman,

Just to make sure, did you try the steps in the following post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-won-t-let-me-log-in-and-the-welcome-page-is-being/m-p...

Thanks,

EA_Mage

Message 55 of 71 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes i have done that twice, reinstalled the game many times and deleted sims 3 in the registery before clean installs and i always have the same problem. The only thing different from before from when  it last worked when i played a long time ago is i changed my hard drive and also i changed my password, so i reckon its something to do with me changing my password due to security issues, thats not being picked up through the launcher.

Message 56 of 71 (1,285 Views)

EA app Team

That is very strange @Aberdonianman.

Just to check, do you also get the white screen like in this post? Or do you see a different error? If it is a different error, what message do you see?

Also, can you sign in to thesims3.com?

Thanks,

EA_Mage

Message 57 of 71 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can sign into the website. the issue is in the launcher i try to log in but it keeps saying not logged in, so when i try to log in from within game it says invalid email/password

Message 58 of 71 (1,274 Views)

★ Guide

@Aberdonianman

What ended up fixing my issue:  It had been a while since I played sims 3 and I finally figured out my game launcher was not updated & I had to clear out my IE browsing history (even though I do not use IE there is always junk that gets deleted off of it when I do that).

I also go into my security software and delete windows temp files and IE temp files (even after I do the IE browsing history delete my security software finds stuff to delete off that IE's delete tool left on there)

There is also a option to check on your IE security delete browsing history tools: Preserve Favorites Website Data

Once I updated my launcher to Version 169.43.024.and deleted my browsing history it worked. (I use origin, have a pc, use windows 7,  use google chrome as my browser)

Message 59 of 71 (1,273 Views)

★★★★ Novice

done that 3 times, dont use ie myself but its automatically cleaned with cc cleaner aswell. also the launcher is version 1.69.43.024017

Message 60 of 71 (1,266 Views)