Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

by roberta591

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Mine has been under maintenance now for 2 days SERIOUSLY ANNOYING I cant log in at all  

Message 11 of 71 (4,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine started last night when I tried buying an outfit from the sims store while playing the game. It asked me for my password before continuing, but then it kept saying my password was incorrect. I saved & exited my game and tried reloading and the welcome menu had the "website cannot display this page" error. I tried logging in via the "downloads'" tab, and every time I clicked enter it would just ask me for my email & password again. No "incorrect password/email". 

Today I got Dragon Valley and it wouldn't even let me install that. It would say I needed to log in before I could play it, but then I would go through the same thing again.

Message 12 of 71 (4,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi 

I, and apparently several others, are still having issues with this. I have been getting the "The website cannot be displayed" error in the launcher + the constant not logging in when entering my information, since last night, the 24th of June.

Any news on when this will be fixed? Or how to fix it?

Edit: my game now also keeps crashing whenever I play for more than a few minutes

Message 13 of 71 (4,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having this same issue going on, All day yesterday and still today i am unable to get into my home page i have done everthing including a game restore and nothing is working, This is getting annoying....  i cant do nothing from home screan cause it keeps showing up that same message please EA Get this fixed id like to play my game someday.... 

Message 14 of 71 (4,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MioMochi @debayo7 @blondecutie29 If you have a pc (not mac) you need to go to IE (Internet Explorer) and clear your browsing history or just reset the whole browser (last tab in settings). You need to do this in the IE not the browsing you use. The game uses IE to communicate. Windows 10 has a default browser of Edge - that's not it. Windows 10 has IE 11. You can search for it - it's there.

What happens when the web site resets the cookie in the browser becomes invalid and TS3 just gets upset because it can't log in and the error handling doesn't default to login. Eventually the cookie will expire (no I don't know how long).

hth

Message 15 of 71 (4,295 Views)

★★ Novice

Ya as of right now I am having the same issue and mines a Asus laptop i tried clearing cookies and caches and it didn't do anything.

Message 16 of 71 (4,245 Views)

EA Staff

@Guanxiu618 

Could you please clear your browser cache and then follow the steps below:

1. Open Internet Explorer 11 (not Edge)
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

After this try the download again. 

Let us know how you get on!

Message 17 of 71 (4,241 Views)

★★ Novice

I have windows 10 it is telling me my setup is not compatible for it.

Message 18 of 71 (4,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Guanxiu618 IE11 is pre-install on Windows 10, just use the Windows search function on your taskbar to find it Standard smile

Message 19 of 71 (4,234 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay thank you i just got it and it is working now for me/.

Message 20 of 71 (4,231 Views)