Re: The Sims 3 won't launch

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 3 won't launch

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought The Sims 3. Yesterday, It was working just fine. But today, it won't launch from Origin or when I click the icon on my desktop. When I click "Play" on Origin, it says "Launching the sims 3" it closes automatically, the loading sign comes up and then it says "not responding" but when I click the Sims 3 icon on my desktop, the loading sign comes up for 1 second, goes away, but does NOTHING. I also tried restarting my laptop, but then it does the same thing. I really want to play, but it keeps acting up.

Message 1 of 6 (2,590 Views)

Hero

Did you add anything to your game since it stopped working ?

Try bypassing the launcher as described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

This is just for testing purposes to see if the game itself works.

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No. I did not. This didn't help. The game simply won't launch at all from my desktop or Origin.

Message 3 of 6 (2,548 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Windows 7

Message 5 of 6 (2,534 Views)

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,525 Views)