The Sims 3 will not work after I updated it

by amny234

Original Post

The Sims 3 will not work after I updated it

★★ Newbie

Earlier today I tried updating my Sims 3 with the 1.42 update. The update installed completely and smoothly in about 20 min. After this, I opened the launcher and hit "play". The screen went black and only half the EA sign appeared, then the screen seemed to have frozen. I restarted my computer. After this, I tried opening it again and the screen simply went black and stayed that way. Once again, I restarted. For the third time, I opened the sims 3 launcher and hit play. The screen went black and then simply crashed and put me back to my desktop screen. (There was no crash message; however; all that happened was the sims 3 exited and left me with the icon at the bottom of the screen. I cannot close the icon.) *Note- I have a Toshiba windows 7 computer that follows all of the sims 3 game requirements. How can I fix this issue? I downloaded the Sims 3 from amazon. Thank you for helping me out!

Sincerely, a Sims 3 user

Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 will not work after I updated it

★★★★ Guide

I started getting this problem recently and it turned out to be my McAfee anti-virus. Do you have any anti-virus software installed? For McAfee, I have to turn off the Real-Time scanning before I can start my game up, then turn it back on again after I've gotten into my saved game.

Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)