Re: The Sims 3 seasons won't install.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 seasons won't install.

★★★ Newbie

I pre-ordered the sims 3 seasons from origin the day before it came out. Yesterday it was in my library and i clicked download. After that i clicked install and after a minute it gave me a message saying  to "use the sims 3 launcher to update your version of the sims 3 before installing this product". But my sims 3 version   thing says my game is up to date so i close it  but then it does nothing it stops installing. I basically spent the rest of my afternoon repeating this process. What is wrong and how do i fix it? 

Message 1 of 12 (13,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I have windows vista  and i actually just fixed it by running the patch as administrator Seasons is finally installed! Thank you for the assistance. Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (14,029 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.42.

More Details can be found here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-find-your-game-version.html

For Macs: http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/checking-which-patch-version-youre-running

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (13,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i hover over the icon it says    1.29.55.014.001   so what should i do to get  1.42 ?

Message 3 of 12 (13,719 Views)

Hero

Try the manual super patch linked here: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (13,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the patch and ran it but then my install sheild wizard said  "the installed version of the application could not be determined. the setup will now terminate.  what should i do?

Message 5 of 12 (13,706 Views)

Hero

What operating system are you on ? Did you download the super patch or one of the incrementals ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (13,676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have windows vista  and i actually just fixed it by running the patch as administrator Seasons is finally installed! Thank you for the assistance. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 12 (14,030 Views)

Hero

Good to hear

Please accept your post as a solution so that people see that this is solved and what the solution was

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (13,636 Views)

★★ Novice

How I fixed a ton of errors with Sims 3

Tried installing Sims 3 Seasons and got the error “The Sims 3 needed to be updated” and also “Can’t connect to Origin”.  Search the web without much help.  Attempted to download a few mega patches to update it manually, nothing worked same error.  Turned out I was playing with the original Sims 3 that it never updated. 

So I uninstalled all my Sims 3 games, I have 3 stuff packs and 2 expansions took some time.  I did not delete any registry keys. 

I then reinstalled Sims 3 base game.  After I installed it I opened up Electronic Arts Download Manager and updated it.  Guess what now it said “Invalid file found”.

I then uninstalled again and cleaned the registry out.  By following the instructions here https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

This time after I installed the base game I opened the launcher first (DO NOT OPEN EADM or ORIGIN) and I had several patches install.  This was the first time I ever saw a patch or had several install to bring my game up to version 1.50.   After all the patches I noticed my launch had the following “Error during Start-up” I found that fix here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8

After the game was done patching I then went to update EADM (Origin) didn’t work had the same errors coming up.  So this time I removed everything up to the base game.  When I went into the registry to delete some of the related keys, I also decided to wipe the system of EADM and Origin wherever I found it.  I had to go to Program Files and Program Files x 86.  I then went to Origin’s website and installed the newest version.

I then installed each stuff pack and each expansion in the order it came.  After each one I would get a notice that this was an older version.  I just would click ok and keep crossing my fingers and praying it would work.

I then got to the installation of Seasons which is an electronic copy.  I then would get the error “Please insert correct CD” there is no CD with this expansion, so I tried 2 different CD’s I had from different expansions.  Nothing worked.  So I was completely irritated like if it is not one thing it is another thing.  So I got to think that all the errors excluding the first one dealing with the registry.  I then decided to go look in the registry for Seasons because it shouldn’t be there it has been installed.  Sure enough I found it in 3 different places.  Under Origin and under Sims 3, I deleted all of them.

I then logged back into Origin and began installing Seasons…it worked J

The above is the condensed version of the problems I had and everything I did to fix it.  Basically I spent a whole weekend working on this issue.  I do feel that EA and Origin and the Sims do not make their games user friendly for installation.  Lots of work needed there, IMO. 

I hope this helps people out.  Please repost it wherever applicable.  I think very few people return with solutions because of how stressful finding that solution was…but I know how I felt trying to find info...Good Luck!

Message 9 of 12 (9,226 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also agree I have never had to spend so much time installing/uninstalling a game in order to play it before. For me, all the problems are related to the EA Download manager. The launcher prompts me for it every time... Yet it doesn't exist anymore!! 

Argh.

Just uninstalled and removed all traces of EA-related stuff from registry. Hopefully starting from point 0 will work...

Thanks again for the post!

Message 10 of 12 (8,893 Views)