The Sims 3 on Windows 8.

by waRse

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 on Windows 8.

Hero

TS3.exe is the actual executable for the base game. I think ts3w.exe is just a wrapper to start whatever EP you installed last but I'm unsure.

Did you do DEP for both files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (3,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah i got DEP turned off for both files.

I noticed that in Windows 8 x64 Conhost.exe is 64bit only and there is no 32bit version avaliable i guess this could have something to do with this problem.

Message 12 of 24 (3,950 Views)

Hero

Mine is 32 bit so that might explain why it's working for me.

Why don't you contact customer support and see what they have to say about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (3,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, I contacted EA customer service and they said EA games are not supported on windows 8 yet but they are testing? I also tried it in compatiblitly mode. So is there anything I can do besides downgrading back to windows 7? Plus how do I even do that because it came installed on the computer when I bought it?? If anyone could help that would be AWESOME!!

Message 14 of 24 (3,887 Views)

Hero

Could everyone that runs Windows 8 answer the questions in this post:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607825.page

Maybe we can get to the bottom of this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (3,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a problem when I install the1.42 update. The original sims version is working, but the updated is not. It won't start and ask me to check the LOG files. I have windows 8, 64 bit version. Any thoughts how to fix this? I need update to play the expansions.

Message 16 of 24 (3,700 Views)

Hero

This error: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (3,694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

its not worth the effort, we have tryed everything, after we tryed EVERYTHING it never worked Frown i wish i could play too

Message 18 of 24 (3,686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im not sure what the deal is, got mine brand new from eb today and it doesnt even know the disk is in the drive.  Another of the joys of windows 8 I guess

Message 19 of 24 (3,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have Virus software running when you start the game?

If you happen to have Bitdefender, there is part of the software you have to turn off.  I am not sure if the other virus software has the following settings.

There is a setting in Antivirus called "Active virus control".  This has to be turned off for Sims 3 to load after the launch screen.  It is located in the settinngs screen under antivirus.  This setting will also prevent you from installing any downloads when you are in the Launcher Menu.

Message 20 of 24 (3,312 Views)