Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
ixxnanaxxl
Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 not launching?

[ Edited ]

I recently reformatted my computer and it's not letting the Sims launch at all. It's not a Mac ( I honestly have no idea what it is). Whenever I click the short cut on the desktop it says 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135)'. I'm uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times and nothing. :/ And I tried the bypass thingy, but I can't cause the thing to click reads TS3.rtp

Can anyone help me? D:

crinrict
Topics: 137
XP: 3,563
Solutions: 3,721

Re: The Sims 3 not launching?

You mean you don't know what kind of computer you have or that you have a mac and you don't think the mac is the issue ?

If you reformatted your computer, you re-installed everything, right ?

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
ixxnanaxxl

I think I have a windows, but I'm not 100% sure. And yes I reinstalled everything.

crinrict
Topics: 137
XP: 3,563
Solutions: 3,721

No file called: TS3W.exe ?

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and then try installing again when everything is gone.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
ixxnanaxxl

Ok, so now it works, kinda. Like, there's a TS3.exe and like, there's no folder in the EA folder, I found it in the Origin Games folder. And whenever I click it, it'll go to a black screen with the mouse in the hour glass shape, and I can't exit out or anything, so I have to hold the power button on my computer to turn it off.

Keeper
ixxnanaxxl

Duuuude, we gots it xD! I did all that, then downloaded the patch manually and it's working now! Can I just say that I love you? :smileyvery-happy: