Re: The Sims 3, expansions .. ect

by patchesnicolene

Original Post

The Sims 3, expansions .. ect

★★★ Newbie

Hi There, 

Hope someone can help me, my brothers daughter moved to new zealand, she gave me her sims 3 game with 2 expansions , Seasons and University yesterday i installed both the expansions and now nothing works, if you try to redeem code obviously they state was already uses.

What can i do, how can i resolve this to get to play the game again with the expansions? 

Please contact met on [edit: email address removed]

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@patchesnicolene  Once a game/pack is activated in Origin, the activation code is locked to the account in use at that time. That code can NOT be user deactivated. Origin DRM works a lot like Valve's Steam. I have games in Steam and I know of no way to deactivate the game from my account so that game can be activated with another account. When the game/pack is purchased you do not own the game/pack. What you pay for is a license to use the software. Under EA EULA (end user license agreement) - you know the thing nobody reads - that license is for use by the person who purchases the license. If the game is the only thing in that account you can use that account and change the Origin preferences so only you have access to that account.

Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you   so much

So there is not much i can do..Thank you so much

Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)