Re: The Sims 3 doesn't start

by silvrr23

Original Post

The Sims 3 doesn't start

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Every time I click the play button after the TS3 Launcher appears it closes the launcher and the game does not start. I have a fully compatible notebook with Windows 8. The game is fully updated. I tried to run in compatibility mode and as an admin, How to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 5 (225 Views)

Hero

Do you have bitDefender on your computer ? If so, turn it off while playing. It has a known conflict on Windows 8 with the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I do! But I turned off everything of the bitdefender and didn't work as well!

Message 3 of 5 (212 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you found a solution? I've been having the exact problem called EA 3 times with my other origin account and no solutions he just told me too uninstall all expations and orininal game and just reinstall Sims 3 and he said if that doesn't work its my laptop thats not capable which is impossible because its capable playing BF4 in High/Ultra settings. Im goin to call agian but im afriad they dont know and it wont get fixed.
Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)

Hero

Do you have bitdefender and Windows 8 as well ?

It might be best to make your own thread posting as many infos as possible

Here's some guidelines: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Help-us-Helpers-to-Help-you/td-p/255562/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (116 Views)