10-20-2012 08:46 AM
Don't really remember what it was. What's the alternative ?
Customer Support can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.
If the Live Chat option is not active for you, choose US as your country.
10-21-2012 11:09 PM
I think it was style then but I'm not 100% certain.
10-25-2012 08:25 PM
I have this same problem myself. I made a custom tattoo and it won't show up in the game when I install it. I also noticed that when I went to the Exchange and looked at the "contains" section of one of the tattoos, it says "Please Update Your Game" even though I'm up to date. Also, I only have the base game.
12-03-2012 02:03 PM
Hopefully someone is able to provide some assistance. Apologies in advance for the long post (Not having realized Answer HQ is the new help forum, I posted in the Community forums earlier with a similar thread, I will be checking both and updating as needed).
My basic system information:
Windows 7 x64
The Sims 3 / World Adventures / Late Night / Pets / Ambitions / Seasons
All expansions including game launcher updated.
Several custom tattoos I've downloaded and installed from The Exchange do not seem to show up in the game's Create-a-Sim.
- Once I start the game and enter CAS, the Custom dial under Tattoos is selectable, but the tattoos are not there (save for the ones that do work).
- Tattoos are not shown under accessories.
- Some tattoos do show up, such as these:
Some that are labeled "Style" or "CAS Part" in the launcher show up as well, but more often than not the ones labeled "Style" do not appear in the game.
- These for example, do not show up (I have the required expansion packs):
Majority of the tattoos listed on the front page in The Exchange sorted by Downloads / All Time do not seem to work for me.
- I have the following packages installed:
All of them worked correctly without any errors after installation fortunately, and I have been playing them without problems.
- Same tattoos do not work on my friend's computer.
- I tried to re-download and re-install the tattoos, to no avail.
- Used "Run as administrator" for both the game launcher and the Sims 3 exe.
- I also tried the instructions detailed in this thread, but it did not help (both deleting the package files from the Sims directory and using Delphy's Multi Extractor):
- I re-installed the base game (without mods), picking a tattoo to see if it would show up, then proceeded to install subsequent expansions and trying again after each one. Nothing worked.
Several people seem unable to download tattoos and have them show up in the game, but I am unsure whether we are in the minority.
I have pulled up several threads on the topic, but unfortunately no one seems to have found an answer yet:
This is the most recent one that I know of:
I am unsure as to why leopard print would not work for the OP, but would for Agent crinrict. The only thing I can think of is a needed expansion pack not listed in the requirements prior to downloading - In which case a lot of tattoos have missing requirements.
I have tried everything I can think of and / or read about. If people are able to download these tattoos enough off The Exchange and have them show up in game, then it is probably something on our end?
Chinese Flower for example, has over 42,000 downloads. We must be doing something wrong - Hoping to figure out what the "something" is.
If it is possible, would someone be able to offer some insight into this problem for us? Or download the mentioned tattoos that do not show up (linked at the top) and let us know if it does work for you - And if it does, what expansion packs and / or mods you may have installed.
Again, apologies for the long post, and thank you very much in advance.