The Sims 3 Showtime Glitches

by simgamerforlife

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Showtime Glitches

★★ Novice

Hello there. I hardly ever experience glitches with The Sims 3. I recently installed The Sims 3 Showtime. And I have a bunch of glitches associated with the new content from this game. I exceed the requirements for the game and have a nice video card, etc. I am having two glitches.

1) When attending a SimFest, the performers are invisible. The audience stands around the stage clapping as if there were performers up there. I have only had one Sim Fest work ever, that was the very first SimFest that happened in my town. A magician went on stage and everything went well. However, that was the only one that did. Sim Fests no longer work and the invisible performer glitch happens.

2) When my active singer sim is performing, she will randomly teleport home during the performance, becoming unable to finish the show.

The only custom content I have are Twallan mods. However, the issue still occurs without the mods.

Please help me if you can. I would really like to enjoy what The Sims 3 Showtime has to offer. THANKS :DDDD

Message 1 of 8 (5,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Showtime Glitches

Community Manager

There are several things that you can try, most of them are collected in this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/514174.page

Can you try them and tell us if they worked for you, please?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,464 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

There are several things that you can try, most of them are collected in this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/514174.page

Can you try them and tell us if they worked for you, please?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 8 (5,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for responding! Come to find out I had accidentally left a mod in my mods folder. I thought I had taken them all out. So apparently, this one mod is the problem. The other mods work fine with everything. I just take this out now when there is a simfest or if my sim performs. My sim no longer teleports home while performing. And I can see the simfests now and they are awesome. Thanks :D

Message 3 of 8 (4,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

whenever i conect to  wifi it glithes out

Message 4 of 8 (4,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded my sims 3 showtime online from Orgin and None of my sims can go to work or sing or any thing like that.

Maybe you have some Ideals on this wered glich

Message 5 of 8 (4,012 Views)

Hero

This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (3,993 Views)

★★ Novice

What was the "one mod" causing the issue?

Message 7 of 8 (2,399 Views)

@SpaceMonkey907-2  It's unlikely that you'll get a reply from anyone else in this thread several years later.  But if you have an issue now, you can open your own thread (or add to the one you started), and I'll try to help.  Showtime careers can still be a bit glitchy, with or without mods, but most issues should be fixable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (2,371 Views)