Re: The Sims 3 Seasons and Origin / not able to download pre-ordered Seasons

by neplyakh

Original Post

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I am in the UK. I pre-ordered The Sims 3 - Seasons on the 7th of November and in Origin today, the game is still unreleased and greyed out. Checking my bank account, I have not yet been charged for the purchase and in my Origin account Order Details, I do not have an Unlock Code for the Sims 3 Seasons game, but I have for the bonus content that I got for free with the pre-order, I also got the emails for the bonus content, saying they are available for download. I phoned EA but was put on hold, listening to music for over 5 mins and I am not the bill payer for the phone, so I emailed them instead, but I do not know how long it will take to get a reply. All I want is to be able to download the game on it's release date, I am not happy right now!

Message 161 of 174 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just to let everyone here who might be having a problem know, your bank may have blocked the purchase due to EA's billing being based in Sweden. This is what happened to me. I've never had this problem before with Origin or EA, so I'm wondering if Seasons is being billed by a different address? My bank called me to notify me of a possible case of fraud, and it turns out this is the attempted purchase that triggered it. All was settled on my end account-wise and I was able to buy Seasons just now with no problems whatsoever. I'm now downloading it as we speak.

Obviously, this isn't going to be the answer for everyone, but it may help those who have not been charged and/or are getting constant payment authorization failure messages on subsequent attempts to re-purchase.

Message 162 of 174 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I called already to support! wow! I did it! :catlol:

They said that I should wait, because the system cannot generate registration code for game!

Money will spent after they will send registration code.

Message 163 of 174 (1,171 Views)

★ Novice

Can't an EA rep post a UK customer support number here?  I Have tried to follow 's advice (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-Not-Able-to-Download-Pre-ordered-Seasons-From-Origin...) but the site just ghosts out at stage one and makes no progress. Some actuall customer would come in handy right now.

Message 164 of 174 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im glad im not alone in this problem i hope they get this fixed soon i've have the limited edition preordered since october 1st and ive since recieved my code for the costumes and the iceicle lounge but not able to download the game from origin

Message 165 of 174 (1,153 Views)

★ Novice

I have 'fixed' this issue (well my 'other-half' did the phoning). We eventually got through to EA and were told that the card was blocked when they tried to take the money today.

The person on the end of the phone told me he would cancel my current order and once I spoke to my bank we could re-order. I said OK cancel it (I already have the email for the pre-order items and he told me these codes will still work) and he went on to explain that there might be a block on my card.

However pretty much by the time we finished the conversation with him I had actually re-ordered Seasons with the same card and it is downloading now so I suspect the story about the block on the card is a flight of fancy. The CSR was very helpful and pleasant and althought I am a little annoyed about the glitch he made me a lot happier with EA all around. Standard smile

OH I was typoing too early. The pre-order code (for the ice-palace thingy) did not work but we called again and strangly got through to exactly the same guy. When we explained that the game had been re-ordered but is now obviously not a pre-order product he said he would send out another, working, code for the pre-order item.

So long winded, and I am honestly sure if the issue is with EA or my bank but with the help of a great CSR we got there.

Message 166 of 174 (1,149 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I pre-ordered The Sims 3 - Seasons on the 11th of November and in Origin today, the game is still unreleased and greyed out.  I don't have an Unlock Code for the Sims 3 Seasons game, but I have for the bonus content that I got for free with the pre-order, I also got the emails for the bonus content, saying they are available for download. I sent  already a private message to Ursula with my details. Pls reply me back when you read it.

Thanks.

Message 167 of 174 (1,104 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Seasons and Origin

★★★ Newbie

experiencing the same problem in England, would have been more beneficial to buy a hard copy the day of the release!

Message 168 of 174 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK!  Aust  time is 8:30am 17th Nov. EA have sent a 2nd email to inform me that my Seasons order has been cancelled due to non payment.

I checked my credit card transactions and its true.  Apparently, when I ordered Seasons AND Supernatural they only took the payment for Supernatural and when Seasons was released there was not enough funds in my credit card account.

SO apparently all the people in this discussion are suffering from the same problem. EA and Origin do not have enough ****s to tell us individually that when we payed for both and expected payment for both to be deducted that they did not do that. Instead they leave us waiting even longer without an answer to own problem.

Next time maybe EA will take the payment for 2 expansion packs when we buy them, which is what we wanted to do, or tell the customer that payment will be taken out when the 2nd realease has actually occured.

So, check your credit crd accounts for when Supernatural was paid and maybe this will answer the problem. EA and Origin do not regard us as having a problem.

GOOD LUCK

Message 169 of 174 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well, I have the same f*cking problem -_- 
the order of supernatural was fine, but they also sent me that email which says that the payment was not successful (i hope so).
Origin shows up seasons, but im not able to download it, cuz it says it's not released yet, which is obviously wrong. 

I was really mad till i got another email by origin which sent me the redeem codes of the limited edition content of seasons (the ice lounge and the shark and bee costumes) and i could get them without problems. 
now all i need to do is go to a store in a few weeks and buy sims 3 seasons so the custom content will work and i can get the weather stone...

Message 170 of 174 (996 Views)