The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

by jasnray7

Original Post

The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

★★★ Newbie

I have the latest MAC Pro model and it doesn't make since it keeps crashing. I even tried on my Dell computer and it crashed. Can someone help me please!? How did you guys get it to work on MAC?

Message 1 of 95 (11,211 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

★ Novice

Sims 3 also worked perfectly fine for me until I installed season.

Message 2 of 95 (10,957 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem too.... I've been playing about three hours, during which my game crashed twice and froze once. It used to just do this every once in a while.

Message 3 of 95 (10,951 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing is happening to be. I don't get more then 5-10 minutes of gameplay before it crashes. Hardly ever crashed before unless the game was left running in the background for days at a time. I am saving it almost every time I do an action so I'm not having to do the same things 6 and 7 times everytime I go in again. Very frustrating! I checked my mac to see if maybe I didn't have enough memory to run Season, Pets, Ambitions as well, but I'm using just over half my computer's capacity. It's a game issue, not a computer problem.

Message 4 of 95 (10,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

it worked fine before i got seasons, i have a MAC 27" and the same thing is happening to me, i just got Seasons in the mail today and i installed it and then i have tried playing it over 4 times and 2 times when loading for a new town it froze, and then 2 times it froze in CAS and then it crashed once in CAS, also if i chose a pre made sim it would put it over the current sim it gave me when i first got to CAS. Frown ughh.

Also my MAC has enough capacity to, it was an update, or game issue or something!

I would love to play my game, i am so excited but i can't!

Message 5 of 95 (10,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too! Omg im sooo frustrated! It usually does it when i save! Ive built the same house 4 bloody times!!!!

Message 6 of 95 (10,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Been there done that! I had to rebuild my house twice and remake the sims 3 times cause it kept crashing / freezing Frown

I wish EA would do something, i am hanging on a thread and i won't be hanging much longer, i may just sell my sims games

Message 7 of 95 (10,494 Views)

sims 3 seasons will not work

★ Novice

I am so angry sims 3 seasons is not working and crashes after 5 MINUTES. i have a mac and downloaded it from amazon yesterday and haven't been able to play at all. I hope you are working on this i have heard hundreds of people on the forums have had the same issue and im sooo friustated i have invested so much in sims 3 and to not have it work constantly is very frustrating!!!

Spoiler
Confusedmileymad:

Message 8 of 95 (9,940 Views)

sims3 MAC OSX keeps crashing my system

★★★ Newbie

Hello my Sims3 game keep crashing my system

Charlie

Message 9 of 95 (9,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here... i've cheked all my specs and the imac is fine and should run it no problem. except i am constantly having to save so i dont lose progress, and can't play for more than an hour/ 90 minutes at the most. 

Message 10 of 95 (10,265 Views)