Re: The Sims 3 On Origin

by roberta591

Original Post

The Sims 3 On Origin

★★★ Newbie

Howdy!

I bought The Sims 3 base game + all dlc a LOOONG time ago (Because I'm A former player AND because I can, LOL)

I was wondering if there's ANY way to get my game into Origin without paying for all of those again..

I tried to subscribe it to the website of The Sims 3, but it wont let me (Also, I REALLY need that on Origin...)

I still have the base game disc and Showtime EP Package (My dog chewed all the other packages... I had to buy a table with all of the 4 legs of the table after that... It fell and he chewed it if you didn't understood =p)

Thx A BUNCH,

-Steve Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I believe you just have to open Origin and go to Games then click redeem product code then type in the cd key for each game. If not try to go to add non origin game. Try those and see if that works.

Sincerely,

Just a Simmer like you.

Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteveSomeone  The way to get the games and packs in Origin is to redeem the code that came with the physical media. If you still have the computer you used the sims 3 on you can use a program called gamekeyrevealer (google it) and if the data is still in the registry (it should be) the codes should be displayed. You could use regedit and search for ergc - this should find any game codes in the registry if there. You need to get the base game redeemed first as the packs need to see the base game install. The discs are generic and the software on the dvds is dated. The codes are now what they should have been (and kind of were) an activation code. This is basically what you are paying for is the code. Origin is a lot like Steam. Once you redeem the code in Origin that code is locked to the Origin account that was in use at that time. Once you have the game in Origin you will NOT need a disc in the optical drive to play. There is no longer an install limit as Origin is the current DRM. Fido needs some time out. Once you get the base game redeemed I suggest starting the game and check if it runs, Trouble shoot now if it don't run. Install the packs in the order they were released to market - don't know if this is required but it seems to be less trouble. After you install a pack - test the installation (run the game). Do so for every pack. Installing multiple packs at once seems to cause issues (sometimes).

hth

Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)