Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The Sims 3: Missing objects warning?

by roberta591

Original Post

The Sims 3: Missing objects warning?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I reinstalled all my games and all my store items, about 7 times this week, and my save files, no matter how many times I reinstall my content, It pops up missing objects warning, and I don't know what items are missing.

I have tried fresh Sims 3 folders and reinstalling the items and expansions, then moving my saves back in, no matter what I do, this message pops up.What else can i try?

I have 700 PLUS store items and it takes FOREVER to reinstall them.

Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @springfairy556,

Have you used mods or custom content in the past? This message could be because you were using a mod or custom content that is no longer installed in your game.

Did this message appear when you reinstalled your game or made any other changes?

-Mai

Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I reinstalled everything, about 15 times now. I've been trying to fix this for 2 weeks, no matter how many times I reinstall my store items, the message does not go away.

Its def store items that are missing, because when I load the game, my sim's outfit is set to base game clothing.

These files are files I transferred over from another computer.But I reinstalled EVERYTHING I owned, and the message is still there, I have about 30 times now.

Message 3 of 5 (91 Views)
Highlighted

@springfairy556 Have you gone through the download tab of the launcher in the old computer?

I do not work for EA or associated with EA other then helping other users in the forums.
Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @springfairy556,

Thanks for that information. A couple questions, if you don't mind Standard smile

1. Did you transfer from one computer to the other the whole The Sims 3 folder in your Documents \ Electronic Arts or just certain files/folders?
  2. Do you still have the game installed in the old computer, and access to it?

-Mai

Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help