The Sims 3 Launcher Update.

by Samsarah100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Launcher Update.

★★ Novice

Hello! I am very new to The Sims 3. Recently, I discovered The Sims 3's new compatabilities, like playing online, which really interested me. Later I get this notification saying 'Would you like to update the sims 3 launcher?' (This update has to be installed if I want to play online and the expansion packs.) I pressed OK. Once it was done, I went back to Origin to download The Sims 3 Island Paradise. It installs, finishes then it says 'Cannot to be downloaded because it needs the new The Sims 3 update' This annoyed me! I went back to the launcher and it gave me the same notification!!! Remember, I need this update for the expansion packs, and Im getting 7 other expansion pack games. So, I tried it 10 times. On the tenth time, we tried to download The Sims 3 Island Paradise right after that. It sorta worked. It then said that 'Application with 'L' is running. It cannot be installed with these applications running.' My Father and I, don't know what this 'L' means. (The 'L' was small in the notification. So it looked like the copyright 'R') If you could tell me what 'L' meant, and help me with this Launcher Update issue. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D - Sam and Sarah (Samsarah100) 

Message 1 of 5 (190 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher Update.

Message 2 of 5 (192 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 5 (193 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much. The problem has been fixed. I can happily play the sims 3 island paradise now! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (178 Views)

★★ Novice

But, the game seems to be glitching alot Frown My sims are frozen but the trees and ocean are moving fine. Any solution? I have uninstalled it 3 times now. 

Message 4 of 5 (177 Views)

Hero

Accepted solution for this one and answered your new thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Island-Paradise-Glitching-and-Lagging/m-p/3843617

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (167 Views)