The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely.

by angelamassacre

Original Post

The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely.

★★★★ Novice

So twice now, I have played for 3+ hours straight and my game freezes completely. Not the freeze and then it comes back and you can reset your sims, but I wait 20 mins and nothing happens and I have to use task manager to close it. Really frustrating when I spend all these hours and they are all wasted.

The freezes are random from what I can tell, both times I was at my houseboat socializing with other sims. I have 500GB free on my hard drive so too little space is not an issue, I do not download anything from the exchange, I only buy things from The Sims 3 store, my computer is fairly new so I'm not sure how I can fix this. Part of me thinks it might be a new game bug but the fact that I've lost so many hours and knowing I might lose more makes me not want to play at all. 

Message 1 of 20 (6,165 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely.

★ Novice
I only manage to play for 20 minutes at the time before the game freezes, it's really frustrating. That problem didn't exist before island paradise :-(
Message 2 of 20 (6,007 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me a lot! Thanks to my saver mod I don't lose that much progress but when I reload the game it stops on the same place at the same time. I've tried updating my mods and running without CCs but nothing is working. My game work fine before i got the new EP. My laptop is very new, only a few months old, but its on a PC. Is anyone with a Mac having the same problem or is it only a PC problem?

Message 3 of 20 (5,997 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't even use mods, or anything except for things from the Sims 3 store. My game had only completely froze like this once before Island Paradise. Once in the many of years playing it, so.... Hopefully they patch whatever the problem is with it, but don't hold your breath.

Message 4 of 20 (5,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have every expansion and stuff pack and this has never happened before. It froze while I was checking in to a resort.   I left the game open hoping it would fix its self. I forgot about it and went out for about 5 hours.   When I returned the game was still frozen in the same spot.   I lost about 3 hours of gameplay aswell.

Message 5 of 20 (5,820 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you sure that the specs for the game match your PC/ Laptop? Do you have enough RAM? Have you closed background downloads/ processes?

Message 6 of 20 (5,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything EA told me to do to try to fix the Freezing but nothing works.  I'm so mad I can't play the game with out it freezing every 10sec.  I have a gaming PC, and my husband is a computer geek.  He tell me its a bad programing.  EA said they would look in to it but I guess I have to wait for a fix.......sigh   Confusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 20 (5,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm positive. My specs pass the minimum requirements by far lol. I never run anything in the background, such as the internet browser or any IM's. The sims is the only thing I keep running. As I said, I was fine before Island Paradise and I've heard others complain about this as well. I am running on Windows 7 if that helps. I tried doing the chat thing on here but of course that was useless, the idiot knew nothing about the game or what I was talking about, and I tried one thing they told me but it did nothing, I've been waiting to see if a patch will come up in my dash when I click to play the game but nothing yet. I wish EA stayed on top of things like this better. I spend hundreds of dollars on EA games, as I'm sure many other people do, the least they could do is patch their games and listen to customer feedback. 

Message 8 of 20 (5,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So i have opened the sims 3 island paradise 3 times today and all times it has frozen completely! This expansion pack is the worst for freezing. I can't be bothered redoing everything that i had done. and going through the loading screens.

Message 9 of 20 (5,579 Views)

Hero

There a many people with freezing issues. They go from complete freezes to short freezes.

Short freezes have something to do with the load that's put on your computer. Isla Paradiso is huge and also has a whole routable ocean, so even with very good comupers, you'll see lags. 

This world also has a lot of routing problems. From stuck sims, to abanndoned boats, to Sims trying to do something which they can't, I think this world has everything covered. 

What can you do (not allowed to talk about the mod options)

- Reset your Sims with resetsim *

- Delete the Scott family from the world. They seem to give people issues

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/routing-issues-in-the-resort-hobarts-hideout.html

- Use a gamebooster to free up memory

- Make sure you have a good graphic card and that it's recognized properly by the game

- Don't use too much custom content and make sure everything you use is updated

Then there's the permanent freeze

This is usually a bug.

There could be more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (5,568 Views)