The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely.

by angelamassacre

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely.

★★★★ Novice

When I notice short freezes, I do use the resetsim * command and it helps for that, but the permanent freeze comes out of nowhere. I haven't tried checking into any resorts so that one couldn't be it, I haven't played in days because I'm sick of losing progress. Guess I'll try sometime and have to deal with it... 

Message 11 of 20 (1,500 Views)

Hero

Question is if you have the inactives checking into resort issue. That can happen randomly. Not sure if you need to own a resort for that to happen. 

Did you play with any other households and put anyone as self-employed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (1,485 Views)

★★ Novice

I think that the new world's size is the problem. I've tired playing my other saved games with all of my EP and mods installed and it worked fine. I played for about 2-3 hours with no freezing at all.  It just pisses me off that I can't play in the new world that comes with the EP. I guess ill have to wait for EA to fix yet another problem with there games!!!!Confusedmileymad:

Message 13 of 20 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I only played with the household I created in CAS, which only consists of one person. I think perhaps share159 may be right, the new world size is a problem. It's the biggest world they have created and it probably causes problems because it's so vast and they probably haven't worked out the kinks with it. Hopefully EA fixes the problem before a month or more from now.

Message 14 of 20 (1,437 Views)

★ Novice

I have had the same issue several times....I click on F5 and then go into edit world and then back to game and it fixes it everytime.  Maybe this will help you.

Message 15 of 20 (1,432 Views)

★ Novice

edit world? lol edit town, so sorry Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 16 of 20 (1,428 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: Island Paradise freezing completely. Its anew apple computer

★ Novice

Message 17 of 20 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I only get to play up to 5 min. of my game

Message 18 of 20 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am so disappointed, i played my game for 3 or 4 days and now it freezes on the same day at the same time and i have to go to task manager and restart, i have tried everything turned off CC, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and also played through Origin and also just through the disc and it happens everytime Sunday 2:59am, i lose everything. I hope EA fixes this problem, it seems like lots of players are having the same issues, So frustrating.

Message 19 of 20 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm going to try this because this is getting REALLY frustrating! Thanks!

Message 20 of 20 (1,147 Views)