The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

by Rachel1109

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

Hero

Hi,

since you're on a mac, it's better to make your own thread so that a mac helper can assist you further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (10,279 Views)

★ Novice

My game does this only in Isla Paradiso, the world that comes with the expansion pack. All the other worlds work fine. I currently don't have any cc on my game.

Message 12 of 37 (10,142 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (31,012 Views)

★★ Novice

If you think that 30$ was a waste, then what do you think about person(me) who had a pirate copy of the sims 3 at the beggining and then desided to buy almost whole collection for about 340$ via steam to support creators of this game? I fill sooo disapointed thanks EA for help that you didn't make...

Message 14 of 37 (9,827 Views)

★ Novice

So I bought Island Paradise yesterday and I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed.. Any patch on the way?

Message 15 of 37 (9,635 Views)

Hero

Probably not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 37 (9,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi my game is freezing. It's the sims 3 island paradise and it freezes a lot  when I use my sims on a  lot in the Isla Paradiso town. Is there any solution? can someone please help me? I run a windows 7 computer.

Message 17 of 37 (9,502 Views)

Hero

Try the suggestions above and if those don't help, please start your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 37 (9,486 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I identify stuck sims?

Message 19 of 37 (8,993 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling both Island Paradise and the Base game and am still having issues. I thought that if I downloaded it straight from Origin as opposed to buying the disc, as I did twice before, the problem would not exist but, frustratingly, it does. I am very disappointed that a game as defective as this one would be sold. It's unethical.

Message 20 of 37 (7,731 Views)