The Sims 3 Dragon Valley Installation problems

by emily596123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley Installation problems

★★ Novice

I have store bought the new Dragon Valley, but it won't install. The installation guide skips entering the activation code as soon as one clicks on install and immediately says installation complete. I tried registering the game online, but the two codes that I was given claim to be invalid. The game was bought legally at a local retail store. Needless to say, the content doesn't appear in the game either.

Message 1 of 37 (37,604 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Dragon Valley Installation problems

Hero (Retired)

DV is a world and not a pack. The store bought version just automates the process some. You need to go to the store and redeem the code - there is no registration for worlds. Then go to your purchase history and DV should be there and you can download to the launcher and install. DV should now be a world you can select in the launcher dropdown.

View in thread

Message 2 of 37 (39,207 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

DV is a world and not a pack. The store bought version just automates the process some. You need to go to the store and redeem the code - there is no registration for worlds. Then go to your purchase history and DV should be there and you can download to the launcher and install. DV should now be a world you can select in the launcher dropdown.

Message 2 of 37 (39,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does that mean I have to buy the game again?

Message 3 of 37 (33,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought mine online so there is no store to go to..there is obviously a printing error in the booklette 

Message 4 of 37 (33,894 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having the same problem and i dont understand, which store to go to

Message 5 of 37 (33,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Nevermind, Im slowly figering it out

Message 6 of 37 (33,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This stiil doesn't fix the problem for the store bought version.

Message 7 of 37 (33,213 Views)

Hero (Retired)

FAQ  store worlds and how they work http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911  

• Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  • Go to your account page: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html (site will ask for your password again)
  • Click on Redeem a Code
  • Enter the 16-letter code, accept the Policies and click on Redeem
  • Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

OR

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to the general redeem a code page: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem.html
  3. Enter the 16-letter code (this is not for 20-letter codes) and click on Submit
  4. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

Disc or Code in a box

Depending on which world you buy, this works a bit different (see below). There are always codes in the box though and you can follow the instructions for Origin to redeem those.

The disc installation process skips over instead of installing

Not sure what's up with that but try to redeem your code in the store and download from your purchase history instead.

The world doesn't download

The most common reason for this is that the game is not updated to the newest version. Make sure you are updated.

The installed world doesn't show up ingame

Sometimes the world doesn't get installed correctly. Try installing it again.  Also if you tried installing through the launcher, try the ingame Store instead or the other way round.

If that doesn't work, Try reinstalling all Store Content following the method here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/.

The game still wants me to buy the world

Sometimes when you start the game you see a little money icon next to your world although you already bought and installed it. This is just the ingame store not recognizing properly that you have already bought it.

Scroll down further down the list to see if there's a second version that doesn't have the icon to start a new game with. You can also turn off the ingame shop in your options and then it should only appear once. If it doesn't see above.

Invalid Serial Codes or Serial Code already used

If you get an message that your code is invalid, you need to contact a customer support game advisor for a new code. This can have several reasons. Trying to redeem those codes on Origin can for example invalidate them.

Message 8 of 37 (33,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did the purchase history method, yet when trying to download the world in Internet Explorer, nothing happens.

So I tried, as instructed, to use Firefox instead. 

It opens a new window and asks me to select an application to open it in.

What do I do?

Message 9 of 37 (30,298 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try Chrome maybe - log in and then download it from your purchase history. Also, having the launcher running predownloading tends to help as well

Message 10 of 37 (30,294 Views)