Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

by xthesimsgirlx

Original Post

The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing The Sims 3 for years on my PC, and haven't had any problems until yesterday. I installed the Sims 3 and expansion packs Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, World adventures and University life, and stuff packs High end loft stuff and outdoor living stuff. Memory isnt a problem as I hardly have anything on my laptop and still have near enough 8GB of Ram left. My laptop meets all the requirements needed to play the sims 3 and expansions. 

As soon as I installed the game, the first time I went on it it took a long time to load onto the main screen where you choose your town. When I did choose my town, halfway through loading it said that it had stopped working and crashed to the desktop. I changed my DEP settings and changed it so it was compatible with Windows 95. When I did this I managed to get past the town screen onto create a sim, but when I got past Create A Sim it my game would crash to the desktop again. I carried on restarting my game and at one point I got to choose a house, but every ten seconds the game would freeze for about a minute. After restarting again, this still happened but it also froze every five seconds for about two seconds. I managed to play like this for about two minutes and saved it, but later when I tried to reload my saved game it said there was an error loading my saved file and I should restart the application. I restarted it several times and tried all of my save files but the same thing happened on them all. It didnt work restoring my backup files either.

I am extremely annoyed at this, seen as though I have spent so much money on buying the game and all of the expansions. It's almost unplayable. Please help! 

Message 1 of 2 (1,960 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

Community Manager

Have you already tried everything that is mentioned here?

Lags & Freezes - by crinrict

Find out what may cause lags and freezes and how to resolve this kind of issue.

Game Crashes (CTD) by crinrict

My game crashes to the desktop without a warning.

Message 2 of 2 (1,894 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at