Re: The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing The Sims 3 for years on my PC, and haven't had any problems until yesterday. I installed the Sims 3 and expansion packs Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, World adventures and University life, and stuff packs High end loft stuff and outdoor living stuff. Memory isnt a problem as I hardly have anything on my laptop and still have near enough 8GB of Ram left. My laptop meets all the requirements needed to play the sims 3 and expansions. 

As soon as I installed the game, the first time I went on it it took a long time to load onto the main screen where you choose your town. When I did choose my town, halfway through loading it said that it had stopped working and crashed to the desktop. I changed my DEP settings and changed it so it was compatible with Windows 95. When I did this I managed to get past the town screen onto create a sim, but when I got past Create A Sim it my game would crash to the desktop again. I carried on restarting my game and at one point I got to choose a house, but every ten seconds the game would freeze for about a minute. After restarting again, this still happened but it also froze every five seconds for about two seconds. I managed to play like this for about two minutes and saved it, but later when I tried to reload my saved game it said there was an error loading my saved file and I should restart the application. I restarted it several times and tried all of my save files but the same thing happened on them all. It didnt work restoring my backup files either.

I am extremely annoyed at this, seen as though I have spent so much money on buying the game and all of the expansions. It's almost unplayable. Please help! 

Message 1 of 2 (3,158 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 3 Crashing, freezing and error when loading saved games

Community Manager

Have you already tried everything that is mentioned here?

Lags & Freezes - by crinrict

Find out what may cause lags and freezes and how to resolve this kind of issue.

Game Crashes (CTD) by crinrict

My game crashes to the desktop without a warning.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (3,089 Views)