Re: The Sims 3 - Can't log in. And Origin - Can't connect to Origin. - And can't log in because The Sim3 needs an update it already has.

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 3 - Can't log in. And Origin - Can't connect to Origin. - And can't log in because The Sim3 needs an update it already has.

★★★ Newbie

Okay I just bought The Sims 3 Plus Supernatural and I was going to play but when I started the game it says, "Unable to log in because The Sims 3 needs to be updated." So I went to the Sims 3 launcher and tried to update but it says, "Unable to connect to Origin." and also when I click "Game Updates" and click refresh it says my game is up to date.

I reinstalled Origin and tried again but I had no luck. It still says it is up to date, and I still can't log in and play The Sims 3. My version is 1.38.

I've tried installing the manual patch 1.42.130 but when it gets to the end of the installation it says that a file is missing.

Another thing is that when I try to download the patch 1.39 from the actual "The Sims 3" website under Game Updates it won't download it, it just refreshes the page. I tried it in Google Chrome and then Internet Explorer 9 and it still won't let me download the manual legit one. I downloaded another patch off a non Sims 3 official website and my computer says that it may be harmful to my PC so I didn't install it, I deleted it.

It seems complicated to even play this game, I haven't even tried to play it because I want to solve this problem. I've looked at forums trying to figure it out but everyone else is having many problems as well. I haven't found the answer yet.... Can someone please help me?

Message 1 of 2 (1,826 Views)
Highlighted

Re: The Sims 3 - Can't log in. And Origin - Can't connect to Origin. - And can't log in because The Sim3 needs an update it already has.

Hero

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,806 Views)